32gb card

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawman210

Looking to upgrade my micro SD cards I have a 4gb in my 436, 16gb in my 536, 16gb in my hp1. I think I may just swap my 4gb and 16gb around from 436 into the hp1. But if I were to buy one more SD card to scrap the 4gb would it be worth while to pay the extra to go to a 32gb or stay reserved and just get another 16gb?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Memory size

I doubt you could fill a 4 GB card unless you recorded everything and never download it to the PC. My PSR 800 records all the special talk groups PD wise and I've had several thousand recordings plus 14 V Folders and It never approached more than a few hundred meg. The RR DB is very small so all included 4 Gig is actually plenty.

Les

Looking to upgrade my micro SD cards I have a 4gb in my 436, 16gb in my 536, 16gb in my hp1. I think I may just swap my 4gb and 16gb around from 436 into the hp1. But if I were to buy one more SD card to scrap the 4gb would it be worth while to pay the extra to go to a 32gb or stay reserved and just get another 16gb?

lawman210

I just got all these scanners so I haven't used them much at all so I haven't figured out how much storage I would use. The sd card is only for storage or the RR data and recordings with the RR data all loaded on start up? The units don't go back and forth reading the a ultra card or 10 speed card would really be of much use either?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I've got a 16GB in my 536. There are some ten Favorites Lists one of which has nearly 1,000 Unit IDs programmed in it. Also I've got numerous recordings.

I just checked the memory and it shows 0% used, so I imagine 16GB is ample for me. Probably whenever the time comes that I'll need a bigger card, the prices on it would come down.

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
OFD8001, did you just plug the 16GB in the scanner then upload the DB or did you have to format it first??

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
replacing 2GB card with 8GB card in 536

Tks, now to find that pgm.

Fixed it! simply plugged card into scanner, scanner to PC, sez " use Sentinel to clear user data", open Sentinel, selected show clear user data, selected show all drives, picked up the card inside the scanner, and hit go. It cleared the card, then uploaded favs, and off I go!

W4ELL

Feed Provider
I replaced the 4gb card in both my 436 and 536 with 32gb cards (I found a great deal on Amazon and got them for $16 each). All I did is put the card in, plugged my scanner into my machine, mounted it as mass storage device, opened sentinel, and cleared user data... I was off to the races.

I may never use all that space but, I'd rather have it and not need it.:)

lawman210

OFD8001, did you just plug the 16GB in the scanner then upload the DB or did you have to format it first??

All I did was copy the info on the factory 4gb card on to the 16gb card and inserted. Worked fine. I am keeping the 4gb card as a backup for original setup

Status
Not open for further replies.