396XT Emer ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if the 396XT can or will display info if a particular transceiver goes into Emergency? I believe the GRE has this capability....

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
Emergency Alert

Ok, I probably should have provided a little more explanation with what I was looking for. In Omaha, NE police and fire have a feature on their radio's that if they are in trouble they can hit a button on the radio and this will aleart the dispatcher that a particular firefighter or officer is in need of help...can this same alert show up on the 396xt??

orgchemus

Emergency Alert

I tried looking through a GRE users manual and I did not find anything other than what the Uniden link provides. Hopefully a more knowledgeable user can provide you with the much needed information.

Did you look at the second emergency link (Emergency Flag) provided by the Uniden link? If this isn't the function you are looking for, do you know what the function is used for?

kikito

Premium Subscriber
As far as I know, the BCD396XT does have the Emergency ID feature. You can set an audible alert and it shows/blinks the screen with a color of your choice when it detects the Emergency flag is set on a talkgroup.

Astrak

It's not a feature of the GRE radio's, for some reason here in Phoenix when a unit presses the emergency button a radio ID of 0 comes across so I set my 197 and 106 to alert with the radio ID of 0.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
It's not a feature of the GRE radio's, for some reason here in Phoenix when a unit presses the emergency button a radio ID of 0 comes across so I set my 197 and 106 to alert with the radio ID of 0.

That might be true that it's not a documented or even intentional feature on the GRE but it works pretty reliably just the same.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Interesting, I had not seen an emergency ID on the GRE PSR500. That's good to know. As far as the Uniden XT models, I've set a flash and alert signal for an emergency flag, and have seen it work.

frankcastle

I wasn't aware that you could do this. Is there a way to set up your preferences in Freescan, so that it will save your choices when you re-program? When I updated my programing list, it turned this feature off.

SCPD

QRT
The only way to get any notification that the emergency button has been pressed on a radio is to have the emergency alert on in the scanner. You can select back lighting and the screen to flash colors and you can select an alert tone.
You won't get the same display like on an XTS5k or XTS2500. It won't say emergency received or EMR:radio ID when an emergency button is pushed.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
You won't get the same display like on an XTS5k or XTS2500. It won't say emergency received or EMR:radio ID when an emergency button is pushed.

That's where the GRE has a slight advantage, you can program it to say whatever you want like: "EMERGENCY CALL!" is what I have in mine.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
On a P25 system, I do not see “Emergency Alert” under Sys Option. I do see it for a MOT system and EDACS systems. How do I configure Emergency Alert for a P25 system?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I don't think P25 uses the emergency status bit needed to activate an alert, but you can set an alert on an individual channel (light and audio) as needed under the system/group/edit channel/ "Set Alert" menu.

Astrak

On a P25 system, I do not see “Emergency Alert” under Sys Option. I do see it for a MOT system and EDACS systems. How do I configure Emergency Alert for a P25 system?

Tagging a Radio ID of 0 works for Phoenix and the Mesa/AJ/Gilbert part of the RWC I'm not sure if this works for Tempe though or the west valley agencies.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I am able to program i0 on a “MOT” (Motorola Type II such as the APS system ) or EDACS system. I am not able to program i0 on a P25 system.

Is there a way to configure emergency alert on a “P25” system with the 396XT?

Status
Not open for further replies.