400 mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

250d

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
how would you make an antenna of this formate a 400 series....Or close to it so you could pick like a 418.000 series....

Al42

250d said:
how would you make an antenna of this formate a 400 series....Or close to it so you could pick like a 418.000 series....
Do you mean an antenna for 400 MHz?

A 6 inch whip sitting on a ground sheet at least 12 inches in diameter, or a 6 inch ground plane antenna.

250d

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
hi

that is what i mean to say how would you go about making a antenna for the 400 MHZ or a whip so you can get a better range for that freq.Or if you can not make one where would you go buy one from....WHY i ask is i saw someone just put a coax line strraight in the air hooked to something but i do not know if his works or not....

Al42

Re: hi

250d said:
that is what i mean to say how would you go about making a antenna for the 400 MHZ or a whip so you can get a better range for that freq.Or if you can not make one where would you go buy one from....WHY i ask is i saw someone just put a coax line strraight in the air hooked to something but i do not know if his works or not....
Cut off 8 inches of outer jacket. Fold the shield back on itself, so it extends from the end of the jacket down over the jacket. When you're finished, trim the shield to 6 inches, and trim the piece sticking up to 6 inches.

You now have what's called a coaxial dipole for 450 MHz. Hang it with a piece of string.

Status
Not open for further replies.