44.12 Csq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Septa3371CSX1

Did a search of low band (25-54) and picked up conversation between a man and a woman on 44.12. I'm picking this up from my room in my home in Lansdowne, PA, just outside of Philly. The woman has an accent. First they were talking about Cape May and the Jersey Shore, now it's moved onto other things. Any idea what this is and where it could be coming from? It is CSQ. They're talking about something in Providence, RI right now.

Septa3371CSX1

Also picking something up on 49.830. I'm coming up with a PL of 118.8 but it changes every so often. Not much chatter but I can hear static that is coming up with the PL. The PL seems to change when someone speaks.

Septa3371CSX1

Picking something else up now on 49.900 in CSQ. First I heard a female voice say "son of a b!tch", then she started speaking saying things like "I can't do this anymore" and not much other voices. Pretty interesting.

Septa3371CSX1

I had a feeling it was that. The 44.12 one was a male in this area talking to a female in New York City. Must be the older cordless phones that operate in the 40 MHz range. I was thinking it was either that or baby monitors (which also operate in that range). All of the cordless phones I have are either 900 MHz or 5.8 GHz. Interesting listenning nonetheless, even though I shouldn't be able to listen to that stuff per federal law.

KF4ZTO

49.800 to 49.910 is also used by older-style baby monitors, which are usually left on 24/7. Its possible the baby monitor you were hearing was near a TV and simply re-transmitting the audio it was picking up in the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.