447.63750 MHz -- anyone recognize this frequency in San Diego (southbay)?

TeeJayZee

Premium Subscriber
I often hear a group like a NET on this frequency, but when I search the frequency online for it, I don't get any hits as to what organization it belongs to.

No tones, simply just that output frequency: 447.63750 -- though in my vicinity the signal is a bit statically (static noise) -- but they (the ones who talk on it) confirm it's a linked repeater and that hundreds of hams are connected to it across the states -- according to a dialogue I heard recently on it.

Repeater input frequency is: 442.63750

Scanning with a Uniden SDS100 here in San Diego (southbay).

nd5y

Doesn't CA have 20 kHz spacing on 70 cm repeater subband? You might be reciving 447.64/442.64.

Last edited:

TeeJayZee

Premium Subscriber
@nd5y thanks for the reply...

On my Uniden scanners, I've left the Default Band Coverage "steps" settings on factory default, so yes, it may be those frequencies you've listed, but still I can't find much info about it in the RRDB that would point to any repeater in southern California. Anyone?

Update: I may have found it, but not 100% sure: Repeaters – WIN System

Last edited:

prcguy

Premium Subscriber
Probably the 447.640 Winsystem in San Diego. Does it should like a bunch of blowhards jumping on users that talk for more than 1 minute or who don’t use their silly etiquette? Or does it have a Friday night ”technical net” where the poorly informed operators constantly give out bad technical information to new hams? Most people call it the non technical net. This system has probably 60 or more repeaters that all key up together and in some areas they hog a half dozen or more precious repeater pairs that cover the same area. What a waste.

It was originally a big technical achievement but has since grown to serve only itself and not the amateur community any longer. The owners are notorious for shoe horning their equipment into places it doesn’t belong where they don’t have to pay rent and they have been thrown out of some sites for this practice.