472.175?? Whats this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
I have been listening on and off to this frequency when it is active in my mobile. Pretty good signal. Today I programmed it in scanner in house and its loud and clear. The conversations always refer to "air brakes" and other terms that make me think it is a NATIONAL GRID channel. Did a search and nothing turns up in RI or Bristol County Mass. However I did read an old thread from 2012 and someone said it is National Grid in Attleboro. I think there is another freq. that sounds similar, 471.325. I did search but turned up nothing.

Stewj

Premium Subscriber
According to the FCC, 471.175 is assigned to WQAQ339 which is the license owned by National Grid USA which has two control points listed

#1- 25 Research Drive, Westborough, MA
#2 - 642 George Washington Highway, Lincoln, RI

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
According to the FCC, 471.175 is assigned to WQAQ339 which is the license owned by National Grid USA which has two control points listed

#1- 25 Research Drive, Westborough, MA
#2 - 642 George Washington Highway, Lincoln, RI
I had a strong suspicion that this was National Grid. Mainly from what the discussions sounded like on the freq. The National Grid frequencies listed here in RI doesnt include this freq. Lincoln RI isnt too far from my house, maybe 1/2 hour or so. Thanks for confirming this for me.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
I forgot to mention if I should scan these frequencies in conventional mode, not LTR? I read on another thread you cant scan LTR Passport systems?

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Also on one of the frequencies I am getting that "squelch burst" at times so it hangs up scanner.....and I re-programmed this system as "conventional" but don't have TG option!

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
You can scan them, you can't "trunk track" them. So it's just more convoluted method of monitoring them. I listen to NG regularly here, and unless there is a major storm, I can hear 90% of what I want on 472.7500 (part of the same system).

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
You can scan them, you can't "trunk track" them. So it's just more convoluted method of monitoring them. I listen to NG regularly here, and unless there is a major storm, I can hear 90% of what I want on 472.7500 (part of the same system).
OK I re programmed the 4 freqs as conventional with no delay. I do hear transmissions pretty good when they come. I also get those strange noises sometimes too. Either i short squelch burst or a "diesel motor" sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.