5 beeps every time my BC895XLT receives a transmission; how can I get rid of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK5B

You are correct, sir! I've seen EDACS capable scanners (only slightly newer than yours) going for very reasonable prices
Thank you; now I know what to aim for. I'll put this up for sale at some point and invest in a newer model once sold. Cheers!

fredva

Feed Provider
It might be good to try to get an idea of how much longer that EDACS system is going to be in service before making a decision on another scanner. EDACS is no longer supported by the manufacturer, and I think the majority of EDACS systems that were in existence have already been replaced with newer systems. If what you are listening to has another new system in the testing phase, I think I wouldn't bother with a minor upgrade to receive EDACS and instead go for something that will receive the new system, as well as EDACS. That's just me.

Now, if you have reason to believe the current system is going to be around for another year or two, then selling your current scanner and buying one slightly newer makes more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.