500 manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbharper

Premium Subscriber
I just go my 500 about 3 weeks ago but it did not have a manual. Dont they still come with them or just have to download the one on gre website

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
I took my CD to Office Depot and had them print it out and put it in a spiral binder with a plastic cover. It's almost an inch thick! But I now have a hard copy handy. Of course you could also print it out at home yourself.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
W4KRR said:
I took my CD to Office Depot and had them print it out and put it in a spiral binder with a plastic cover. It's almost an inch thick! But I now have a hard copy handy. Of course you could also print it out at home yourself.

My 1.2 isn't nearly that thick, but they did it 2-side on 20lb paper--a big difference from when I printed it myself one-sided on 24lb!

Seriously, I think it only cost me about $15 for the printing and the binder together at Staples. Definitely beats burning up your home printer!

73/Allen (N4JRI)

seq788

Kinkos

n4jri said:
My 1.2 isn't nearly that thick, but they did it 2-side on 20lb paper--a big difference from when I printed it myself one-sided on 24lb!

Seriously, I think it only cost me about $15 for the printing and the binder together at Staples. Definitely beats burning up your home printer!

73/Allen (N4JRI)

I tried to print the manual at Kinkos and they refused to do it because of the copyright seal. They said that I would have to get a release from GRE to duplicate it.

I will try staples thanks for the info.

neilromesburg

Premium Subscriber
Latest Version

The version of the PSR 500 manual on the CD that came with my scanner is V1.7 and is 133 pages, the one on the GRE web site is V1.2 and is 138 pages long. The V1.2 manual seems to be created after the V1.7 one though. I would like to have one printed but I'm not sure which one it the latest version, any ideas on which to print. The scanner was just purchased on 3/7/08.

n2mdk

The 1.2 manual is the latest, it was done to reflect the updates and changes that the newest firmware releases incorporate.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Anyone know which pages have the new info? I already have a manual printed and would like to have just the updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.