536 Function dial light

Status
Not open for further replies.

scruggsy

Premium Subscriber
How do you set the light on the function dial to come on in different colors based on personal preference? (similar to the 396xt backlight)
I wasn't aware this was an available feature, just happened to see it on a youtube video.

AC2OY

Interesting...I have to go back and read the easier to read manual again. I got it to do a few diffrent colors but multicolor would be nifty!

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
I am pretty sure you are right. If you are wanting to do it on the master database, just right click on the master database, and select append to favorites, and create a new favorite name. I cant find any way it will let you actually edit the master database, unless you copy it to a favorite first.

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
And I just tried that, and it wont let you ever copy the whole database (or a state) to a favorites list. All my options were greyed out.

SCPD

QRT
Master database is not editable because it's get updated Weekly if you choose so,It would create a big mess when you try to update it.
In Sentinel go to State and the County. click county and all item in that Section will appear to the right. Then you click on one and hold Ctrl + A this will highlight everything (You can let it go now) and the when you right click on it it will let it add to your FL.
Each County repeats Nationwide and Statewide that's why they wont let it import the entire State at once.

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
Master database is not editable because it's get updated Weekly

I am aware of that, however, we were trying to COPY the full database (or to be exact, the whole state) to a favorites list we COULD edit. The program, as you noted, will not even allow a copy of a state. For a GPS enabled scanner, this is a terrible oversight. I drive the whole state, so I have to use the master database unedited, or else copy every single county in the state to a favorites list.

AC2OY

Dave don't sweat it I ask a lot of questions,read the manual,easier to read one, and I still struggle with this stuff. The easiest thing I can do is go into sentinel and "append to a favorite list". That I figured out so far. As far as hitting as buttons on the scanner....I mastered the avoid button!!! If I can help you I will certainly try I feel your frustration...it took me days to find the little window to get the alert lights to work.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Gentlemen, let's try and be a little more helpful. Yelling at someone to read the manual adds nothing to the thread.

Thanks.

SCPD

QRT
I am aware of that, however, we were trying to COPY the full database (or to be exact, the whole state) to a favorites list we COULD edit. The program, as you noted, will not even allow a copy of a state. For a GPS enabled scanner, this is a terrible oversight. I drive the whole state, so I have to use the master database unedited, or else copy every single county in the state to a favorites list.

your are missing the Point .........................

Master database is not editable because it's get updated Weekly if you choose so,It would create a big mess when you try to update it.
Each County repeats Nationwide and Statewide that's why they wont let it import the entire State at once.

So after that you will come back here complying you are missing so much because all the State and Nationwide is repeated X times because or your State has to many County's.....................................
YOU WOULD NOT RUN INTO THIS WITH AN GPS ENABLED.

You would solve NOT WANTING TO HEAR some Talk-groups by either turning them of before you hear them or hitting "once" Twice of what you do not want to hear and upload it back to the Scanner and SAVE it.

I think this line of Scanner are for the first Timers turn it on with Zip Code and I somewhat more then not know what I like to listen to and have several Scanner and can get it to Work.

I think the Folks Between from either coming from Christal non Trunk Scanners are the ones overwhelmed and People just stumbling on this Site thinking all of us are paid to help or paid to get all the Frequency here.

WAKE UP ...............
Most of us doing it to PAY BACK what someone helped us in the Past.
Lighten up and enjoy what we are still able to Monitor and Help us much we can.

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
your are missing the Point .........................

What point am I missing? That I want to copy the entire state database to a favorites list, so I can go in and delete the stuff I dont want to listen to? That I know how to delete all the nationwide channels that will be duplicated? That is is much easier to do this, than to go county by county for the whole state, and add system after system, and conventional channel after conventional channel, to the favorites list, one at a time?

Computer programs should allow you to do things the way you want to do them. If copying an entire state to a favorites list causes problems, a simple pop up dialog box "The requested operation will copy multiple instances of nationwide data to your favorites list slowing down scan speed. Continue .No/ Eyes"
would suffice.

Hit_Factor

Computer programs should allow you to do things the way you want to do them. If copying an entire state to a favorites list causes problems, a simple pop up dialog box "The requested operation will copy multiple instances of nationwide data to your favorites list slowing down scan speed. Continue .No/ Eyes"
would suffice.

I monitor MPSCS in Michigan, it's a big system. Using favorite list I created one for my county. I removed all the other statewide sites, combined all of my county sites into one site with just the control freqs. Created a rectangle for my county in location control. It scans fast.

Then I created another FL for the wholes state. Trimmed out the non-control freqs and left location control on circles.

Using the GPS in my County keeps me within the rectangle, If I leave the county, the other sites start to pop up as I reach the transmission area.

If I leave the state I just turn on monitor full DB and adjust service types as needed.

I hope that made some kind of sense. It took about a month for me to figure it out.

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
Then I created another FL for the wholes state. Trimmed out the non-control freqs and left location control on circles.

Using the GPS in my County keeps me within the rectangle, If I leave the county, the other sites start to pop up as I reach the transmission area.

This is exactly what I, and I believe the OP, are trying to do, but keep hitting roadblocks trying to copy all the state data, since the program refuses to let us copy the entire state to a favorites list. Did you do it the Uniden way, and actually go county by county for the entire state, and append each individual one? If not, how did you create your statewide favorite list? I really dont have weeks to append county by county.

phask

Premium Subscriber
This is exactly what I, and I believe the OP, are trying to do, but keep hitting roadblocks trying to copy all the state data, since the program refuses to let us copy the entire state to a favorites list. Did you do it the Uniden way, and actually go county by county for the entire state, and append each individual one? If not, how did you create your statewide favorite list? I really dont have weeks to append county by county.

Weeks - you only have 75 counties, bet it only takes 3 minutes or less per county.

But - I agree, should be a n easier way.

Use add on range to start , should give you 1/2 of them. Maybe run it again a few times with different zip codes.

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
I did not need to add counties individually, all at once using Sentinel.

Trimming the data freqs took a while.

That is what I am trying to do, but it wont let me select all the counties at once, unless I am trying to do it wrong. Ill go back and try again.
Nope, not matter how I try, it will let me second all the counties at once, but wont let me append them to a favorites list. Hope about a step by step how you did it?

Status
Not open for further replies.