536hp Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenderblue

I own a HP and a 396xt. Just ordered a 536. I like the 396xt to the fact that you can frequencies into it where you want to put them. A couple of these freq's can not be found on the database by me. The question--can a person install a freq in the 536hp like my 396xt?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I own a HP and a 396xt. Just ordered a 536. I like the 396xt to the fact that you can frequencies into it where you want to put them. A couple of these freq's can not be found on the database by me. The question--can a person install a freq in the 536hp like my 396xt?

Yes, same as the Home Patrol...... using favorites lists.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Fenderblue, you might wish to download the NEW sentinel program for your 536 and be playing with it, like transferring your HP-1 files to it, while you wait for the 536 to show up.

fenderblue

?? But there is no keypad on the HP. Can't find the freq's on RR database so I have to enter the freq's by using the keypad on the 396xt via freescan under tools (frequency fill). That is how I have learned to do it. I agree I need a lot of education my scanners yet.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
?? But there is no keypad on the HP. Can't find the freq's on RR database so I have to enter the freq's by using the keypad on the 396xt via freescan under tools (frequency fill). That is how I have learned to do it. I agree I need a lot of education my scanners yet.

The Sentinel free software for Home Patrol will allow you to add any frequencies you want to the Home Patrol, and the new scanners have their own version of Sentinel .

fenderblue

fxdscon: I never understand how to use the Sentinel w/the home patrol very good, just to update. I ended up just learning by using the buttons etc on the unit. I actually need to get my young computer grandson to help me with the programming etc. Thanks though

bswp

Maybe I've missed it, but do the bearcat scanners have provision to scan across a frequency band, like my HT can do? Or do they only work from pre-configured channels/frequencies?

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Maybe I've missed it, but do the bearcat scanners have provision to scan across a frequency band, like my HT can do? Or do they only work from pre-configured channels/frequencies?
Very vague questions. You can define and search from the keypad/front panel like a x96 scanner. Since I don't know what your "HT" is I can't say exactly. So you can set up a search to go as wide as you want.

bswp

Very vague questions. You can define and search from the keypad/front panel like a x96 scanner. Since I don't know what your "HT" is I can't say exactly. So you can set up a search to go as wide as you want.

Thanks, WayneH. My HT is a simple tri-band Icom IC-T90A, which I can set to scan repeatedly across any selected band - 70cm, 1,25m, 2m, like that. It happily runs through in steps of 5 kHz, and stops when it finds transmission on an incremental frequency within the band, I'm curious if the BCD-536xp can be configured to do the same thing - and only wondering since the screed appears to focus on specific channels/frequencies being entered.

- Andrew, Berkeley

safetyobc

You can have it search through a specific set of frequencies. You can have up to 10 custom searches. Just like on the previous models (396, 996, etc). So you could set custom search 1 to 70cm band, 2 - 1.25 m and 3 - 2 m band.

Status
Not open for further replies.