6 MTR Base antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharvey2

Given that prcguy sourced one for less than $100 I'm not sure it would be my first choice now but have you considered building your own 1/4 wave ground plane or vertical dipole? I've built a number of them ranging from 27mhz to 800mhz. They cheap and easy. It might appeal to your tinkering side too.

n4dbm

Depending on where you live and how much low-band activity was on the air years ago, you might be able to find a DB-201 low-band ground plane antenna like in the photo. Granted, the photo picture is for reference only - the photo is of a 150 MHz antenna, but the low-band 42-ish MHz antenna will of course be 3 times bigger. This will give you something to look for when you're out and about on the road, you will most likely see some of these around atop poles or buildings that haven't been used in decades. For reliability, this is my go-to antenna for sure. They can easily be trimmed for 6-meters and they have a fantastic match and a wide bandwidth. They were discontinued in June of 2017. I have acquired many of these for free just for asking. download.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.