6712 USB (Aircraft ??)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Was listening to 6712 USB and this is some of the conversation I could make out not to clear, I do have a .wav file of it Zipped up but is to big to attach to this post it's 343 KB in size.

Conversation.....

something 300...Dryden control we are proceeding down to the count... coming up on the 4 minutes and counting, three minutes and 55 seconds and he starts to count down, finished countdown and says something about separation, then he says we are being released by the controller, look forward to seeing a quick report good day.
Steve

D

DaveNF2G

The traffic described in the original posting was clearly a drop test or the launch of a satellite or probe from an aircraft. Dryden's web page did not appear to have much information about recent missions, so the exact nature of the mission heard is still a mystery.

jhal94

Premium Subscriber
Was listening to 6712 USB and this is some of the conversation I could make out not to clear, I do have a .wav file of it Zipped up but is to big to attach to this post it's 343 KB in size.

Conversation.....

something 300...Dryden control we are proceeding down to the count... coming up on the 4 minutes and counting, three minutes and 55 seconds and he starts to count down, finished countdown and says something about separation, then he says we are being released by the controller, look forward to seeing a quick report good day.
Steve

This was probably related to the latest Delta rocket launch last Thursday. It was carrying a GPS satellite into orbit.

Status
Not open for further replies.