700 Mhz Freqs on Phx APCO System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2GMZ

When monitoring talkgroups on the Thompson Peak system with my 996T,
the freqs of 765.1812, 764.9312, 764.6812, 764,4312 are logged whenever any traffic
is present, I see that 764.9312 is the control for the site 303, but cant find anything else
on these freq, anyone shed any light?

Steve-K2AUX

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
n2ygh said:
No takers?

Steve,

I live SE of Tucson, but for a while, I could hear the Phoenix towers down here. I also noted and questioned the use of the 700mhz frequencies on site 303. No one as of yet, really has a definitive answer on this, or not at least one that I've found.

It doesn't add much to what you already know, but didn't want to leave you just hanging out there ... :)

Are you using software to "see" if there is actual radio traffic on those 700mhz frequencies, or are those frequencies just referenced in the control data stream?

John
SE of Tucson

K2GMZ

Hey John, thanks for reply.
Guess you can say I saw then on the control data stream. Thats as far as I got. I looked up the freqs on the FCC site and found nothing

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
n2ygh said:
Hey John, thanks for reply.
Guess you can say I saw then on the control data stream. Thats as far as I got. I looked up the freqs on the FCC site and found nothing

My recommendation would be to literally keep an eye on these frequencies and see if any Radio ID's show up as actively using those frequencies. The last time I checked there wasn't even a control channel active on any of those 700mhz frequencies.

What software are you using? When I talk about keeping the eye on it, I mean to actually watch the Radio ID's as they move through the different associated frequencies for the towers. I know this is possible to watch with the PRO96COM and Unitrunker software. I'm sure other software will provide similar or same capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.