800XLT Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouln

I've been away from the hobby for 18 years and see that there have been changes with the digital radio changes that have taken effect. I live on the Chesapeake Bay in Annapolis, and what types of "Analogue" radio transmissions can be still heard on the old Bearcat 800XLT.
Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thayne

That radio will not do any trunked systems, but it does 800 conventional and I think it was not "Cell phone Blocked" but that is a moot point now anyway. You could listen to the 800 ITAC channels and anything from low band to high band & UHF, 800 as long as it is conventional.
Also be aware that radio had various power supply problems; I was always fixing mine after a few years of use.

ridgescan

Don't want to derail but I have a BC785D. I was curious how old is yours and what's the diff? I get digital trunked on this 1. I was under the impression yours did too?

Thayne

The 800XLT is VERY old; late 80's I think. I guess there was a misunderstanding about the models. It was way before the BC780. I still have one I use to drive a computer with a discriminator tap.

Status
Not open for further replies.