9000XLT backlight failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know where on the board(s) the backlight control is? The backlight comes and goes, and is usually off. Talking about the display, and not the "scan" "manual" etc lights.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I don't know how much they changed from the 9000 to the 895 but my 895 has 4 lights, two on each end of the display. They look fixable but could be a pain in the butt to remove and replace. I have 3 895s with bulbs out that I need to get to.

chris

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Mine is all or none...so I figure its a bad driver or connection. I use to be able to tap the top of the scanner at times and it would come one (and seemed to improve sensitivity) but that hasn't happened in ahwile

Tech792

They get intermittent after a while, then just fail. I've replaced them before in my 9000xlt and they aren't hard to do. Sometimes just cleaning their mount contacts will suffice. You just have to remove the front face of the scanner. I got mine direct from Uniden parts a few years ago. They weren't expensive at all.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Any remote chance you still have a part number(s)?

Tech792

No I don't have the part number. It was a while ago. Your best bet is to research it on the web or try calling Uniden parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.