996t

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpdonala

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have one of these yet? Would you share how you got it to work on the State system or anywhere else. I typed in the El Paso Cnty system and I am unable to here anything on both systems. Thanks Mark

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
mpdonala said:
Come on someone in Colo must have the new scanner!

Mark, Check your PM and yes a number of us are using the 996T.

Jim<

luke-1

Hey Mark, and anyone else trying to figure this software out-

The first thing is to make sure you have entered the key code. Without it you cannot write to the radio. There are no instructions that I have seen on how to enter this, Here is how- 1. Click on the "write to scanner" tab. 2. On the first screen that comes up, click on the "Setup" tab. 3. Click "Registration" and enter the key. If you have already done this properly, you can not choose this option.

When you have your new system ready to write, or when you have made any changes to an existing system and are ready to write, there is one important step you must do before you write it. 1. Go to the "Configuration Editor" and click on one of the systems listed to get you to the next screen. 2. Click on the "Systems" tab. If the system you made changes to is listed in the left column, highlight it and click "Delete from configuration". 3. Find the system on the right column, highlight it, and click "add from database". You must do this for any systems you made changes to. If it is a new system it will not be listed in the left column, you can skip step 2 above. Basically what you are doing in this step is telling the software that you want to remove the old system, and rewrite it with any changes you made. Or in the case of a completely new system, you are telling it that you have a new one to write.

Now you are ready to "Write to scanner"

This software is not easy to understand at first, if you or anyone else needs more help, PM me and I will hopefully walk you through it.

Luke

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
When you have your new system ready to write, or when you have made any changes to an existing system and are ready to write, there is one important step you must do before you write it. 1. Go to the "Configuration Editor" and click on one of the systems listed to get you to the next screen. 2. Click on the "Systems" tab. If the system you made changes to is listed in the left column, highlight it and click "Delete from configuration". 3. Find the system on the right column, highlight it, and click "add from database".

This is unnecessary. The software always writes the latest version of the system file to the scanner, regardless of when it was added to the configuration.

mpdonala

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

Thanks to all that gave me help. I have the radio up and working. Alot of trial and error and reprograming. Thanks Again. Mark

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Nice review in the July issue of Monitoring Times for anyone considering purchasing this new radio.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.