996xt ID Alias

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
I am familiar with how the radio will show ids. Will this radio allow you to prograim ID alias as a TGID. Everything I've tried does not work. I own an 996p2. Does it work the same as that radio? I am using proscan.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Program the UID just like a TGID except prepend the UID with an "i".
If using the scanner keypad then press the .No key to enter in the "i".

The firmware needs to be at 1.04.00 or later for it to work.

This doc explains it too.

Last edited:

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
I had never tried to program an ID alias into my 996xt until now...but I can't get it to show the alias either using Freescan or ProScan. And I did enter the i prefix; ex i30010 in the tg id field and Dispatch in the display field...

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I had never tried to program an ID alias into my 996xt until now...but I can't get it to show the alias either using Freescan or ProScan. And I did enter the i prefix; ex i30010 in the tg id field and Dispatch in the display field...

Go into the menu Settings then change Disp. Unit ID to On.

{edit} If using ProScan to program then go into the Database - General Settings tab then set Display Unit ID on then upload the configuration.

Last edited:

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
Go into the menu Settings then change Disp. Unit ID to On.

{edit} If using ProScan to program then go into the Database - General Settings tab then set Display Unit ID on then upload the configuration.

Yep, did that also... it still just shows the uid number, but not the alias

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Yep same here it will not show the alias. I am using proscan 16.9.
Are you talking about the scanner display or the ProScan logging?

{edit} I'm not sure if the scanner will display the UID text tags. I'm checking it now.
ProScan can log them with the aid of the UID Lookup File button. Located in the UID Logging tab on the far upper right corner of the tab.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The UID Text Tags definitely shows up on the scanner display. It appears on line 3 alternating with the UID TGID.
I'm using a BCD996P2 but should work exactly the same on a BCD996XT.

If you want ProScan to log the UID Text Tag then the text tag needs to be prepended with a percent sign "%" so ProScan can detect it.

Last edited:
I am talking about the scanner display.

I've never been able to get this to work either. I tried all of the suggestions a few months ago and nothing worked.

I tried it on a 396XT, 996XT, 996P2 and 325P2.

Now, I just use Proscan and edit the UID Lookup.txt file to display the Alias. I need to view the laptop to see the info.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
I really feel dumb. When in doubt do a complete database update by deleting all systems first and rewriting the database file.

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
Eureka!!! Apparently I was missing the first digit of the UID #, so now after doing it correctly as bob@proscan.org was instructing the UID Alias does INDEED work on my 996XT!
I honestly really never knew this existed on this model...

mc48

Premium Subscriber
I've never been able to get this to work either. I tried all of the suggestions a few months ago and nothing worked.

I tried it on a 396XT, 996XT, 996P2 and 325P2.

Now, I just use Proscan and edit the UID Lookup.txt file to display the Alias. I need to view the laptop to see the info.
Should work on the 396XT, mine does and I used freeSCAN for programming. Start a group (in the system you want ID to show) label it ID Names Hit the + and then under display add the name you want, then under TGID add an i followed by the UID. (Ex Rescue-1 i1004016). I believe you are limited to 500 TGID's and UID's total per system.

Status
Not open for further replies.