A few questions regarding my HP1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMac00068

Premium Subscriber
Let me start off first by asking that the moderator please move this if it's not in the correct forum. I put these questions here solely based that the questions I have about the HP1 are general in nature and are also questions that I have not been able to find discussed recently which would help me answer my questions.

1st I use currently Senteniel as well as Arc Patrol to assist in programming my scanner... My issue is that I cannot figure out when I d/l Nashua NH PD/Fire from RR via Sentinel or AP (Arc Patrol) I cannot get them to scan. I am however able to pick up Hudson/Pelham NH. That being said I do live within a 15 minute drive of Nashua in the Lowell area and my firmware and weekly d/l's from HPDB are current. What am I doing wrong?

2nd I currently have the stock antenna on the HP1 and I know there are reception issues as when I tune into NOAA weather to listen to storm updates ( like yesterdays storms) I have to keep moving the HP1 until the signal comes in. I suspect that I will need to purchase a different antenna... Would hooking up one of the magmounts inside my apt work better than the RS800?

I am by no means a newbie to the scanning world have had a scanner since I was a kid... I know enough that I am waving the white flag and asking for help from my fellow scanner buffs. Any insight is appreciated and a kind thank you in advance :)

QwKiE

I can only help you with the #2 question I have 2 HP 1's in my home both have a Radio Shack 20-032 mag mount antennas attached to them they both receive very good all the frequencies. I have my antennas on a large pizza pan that is steel on the upstairs of my home, the scanners are on the first floor. I think you will be very happy with a set up like this as I understand you can't use an outside antenna.

CMac00068

Premium Subscriber
QwKiE.......... Thank you for your reply... I am leaning towards that type of set up minus the pizza pan :)..... I have heard of others using soup cans etc and I have to play nice so to speak with the the set up so I don't step on toes... Once again thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.