A Question for the Apple Mac Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
I have inherited from my daughter an Apple PowerBook G4 with a 12 inch DVI, Order # M9007LL/A. It was purchased without the Airport Extreme wireless card. After figuring out how to boot this thing (I know nothing about Apples - Nothing) I think it would do nicely to browse the internet while I watch TV and convalecsce.

I ordered from Amazon a Panda 150Mbps Wireless adapter for about 13 bucks as opposed to a Airport card at 60 bucks. I tried to install drivers but I get an error code of 95. The USB wireless adapter stated it was compatable with this powerbook and software which is Mac OSX. Googling error 95 shows it can't mount a file (?). What do I need to do?

After plugging in the WA, my wireless router shows it recieving a signal, but without the drivers I don't believe it will communicate.

Thanks,
Barry

GrumpyGuard

I am sure you already have this fixed, but go to the Panda wireless adapter website and download the latest driver for your computer. If you are still having trouble I am sure the support people will help.

SCPD

QRT
I dont think panda makes a power pc driver for your mac g4. most likely it is a not a universal binary and intel mac only. You can get a airport card really cheap on ebay. If you want i can redo you mac to an OUT OF THE BOX state. I have been fixing mac's for over 20 years. Just pay the shipping both ways. and i have a ton of refs on here.

Let me know.
Mike

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
I dont think panda makes a power pc driver for your mac g4. most likely it is a not a universal binary and intel mac only. You can get a airport card really cheap on ebay. If you want i can redo you mac to an OUT OF THE BOX state. I have been fixing mac's for over 20 years. Just pay the shipping both ways. and i have a ton of refs on here.

Let me know.
Mike

PM Sent.
Barry

cofu

Panda WIfi adapter works with Mac. I have bought one for my old Mac running 10.4.
You can download the Mac installer from Panda Wifi N USB Adapters.
Please contact their technical support if you have any installation problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.