AA County TG 36816

Status
Not open for further replies.

troymail

Silent Key
OK - so this digital talkgroup appears periodically on the AA County system which is interesting since it appears to be a patch in the AA County system which only supports Howard County units in the Elkridge area.

Today I heard the Howard PD dispatcher mention that the "Elkridge patch" was active or up or something (I heard it mentioned but didn't hear exactly what she said).

Does anyone out there have any information on what this is all about? Originally, I had thought of a couple of reasons for it:

(1) preparation for mutual aid responses in the Linthicum/Elkridge area where AA and Howard run joint operations back and forth across the county lines

(2) testing a digital capabilities on the AA County system (digital as in - which still is not in use by AA County)

(3) AA County has better tower coverage in that area and we are doing Howard County a favor by letting them bounce off of our resources

So - what's the real reason for this????

dpm797

Howard County has bad reception in certain parts of Elkridge on thier system. They have very good reception with Anne Arundel's system......so units in Howard can have good radio reception the patch was created.......before the patch......Howard has asked Anne Arundel to let the Fire Units in Elkridge to operate on AA coutny Tac channel for fire calls on AA system and Fire Alarm was supposed to relay information back to Howard......The patch was a solution so AA Fire Alarm did have to monitor working incidents in Elkridge....

dpm797

P.S. Howard Police also use it to when they need it......because of bad coverage in Elkridge on Howard system......Think Howard should build a tower in Elkridge

troymail

Silent Key
dpm797 said:
Howard County has bad reception in certain parts of Elkridge on thier system. They have very good reception with Anne Arundel's system......so units in Howard can have good radio reception the patch was created.......before the patch......Howard has asked Anne Arundel to let the Fire Units in Elkridge to operate on AA coutny Tac channel for fire calls on AA system and Fire Alarm was supposed to relay information back to Howard......The patch was a solution so AA Fire Alarm did have to monitor working incidents in Elkridge....

Do you really mean Police?? I've only ever heard Police on that talkgroup - no fire. And when the police come up, it's a dispatcher and mobile units talking directly to each other.

dpm797

Yes was supposed to be for Fire and police......maybe they will have a seperate patch for fire in the future, but I thought BOTH were supposed to use it

Status
Not open for further replies.