AACo TRS testing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I've been listening this morning to AACo. Pretty active with Special Ops practicing a hostage situation. Anywho, I heard MdTA officer calling out with a traffic stop to Bay Bridge on AACo's TRS TG India, which is different Special Ops channel. Then there was further testing on the same TG. Sounds like they are experimenting with setting up patches - maybe by the ARINC command bus? Or maybe the new TRS?

CA
Annapolis

baydog

This evening I heard the AACO dispatcher tell PM33 that they were on the digital channel instead of Bravo and to return to Bravo and depress theIr SME. I wasn't close enough to the scanner to note the digital TG.

David

baydog

Again this evening AACo Fire Alarm told a paramedic unit that they were on the digital channel . They were told to return to Zone 61 and switch to Bravo. The TG that was displayed during this was 16520.

David

Llwellyn

I just got my new (to me) tapped scanner and I've had Unitrunker running for a bit, tagging groups as I go along.

Just tonight I've seen the following extraneous (to the current plan) TG's:

17360 (3 hits)
65536 (7 hits)

As we get more of these, we'll be able to tell if they've simply shifted the zone plan to the 16000 range, or if there are any changes that will need to be noted. It's obvious that units in the field are selecting the digital TG's without realizing it.

ResQguy

Meh
Premium Subscriber
What Talkgroup does the MCCU Communications bus run on?

If you mean for an incident, whatever talkgroup Fire Alarm tells them to operate on. Are you asking if they have a dedicated "xray" or similar chat channel?

ResQguy

Meh
Premium Subscriber
dpm797 is correct, but of course MCCU1 is not independently staffed- so it won't be going out the door with QT4 on a box alarm...

troymail

Silent Key
I can't say that I've EVER heard the MCCU dispatched --- they generally go out on a pre-planned event (drills, multi-jurisdictional, Pope's visit, etc.) - I think the biggest thing it's been on was an assist to New Orleans after Katrina.

It's there for major events that we hope never happen - at the low end would be something like a hurricane, etc.

pasadenamd

I think it was pointless that Anne Arundel County wasted all that money to pay for this. I can see that Maryland State Police but not Anne Arundel County.

Llwellyn

I think it was pointless that Anne Arundel County wasted all that money to pay for this. I can see that Maryland State Police but not Anne Arundel County.

If I remember correctly, it was mostly grant funded through a combination of state and federal grants. They didn't just decide to go out and spend the money on something; the vehicle was acquired as a result of communication and command failures in previous disasters.

They also found out through experience that only one of these per X counties in this region wasn't enough as it usually is elsewhere; the city has a similar vehicle, MSP does now, and so does Montgomery (and maybe PG) but they aren't going to share if we have a regional disaster.

AA County has a population of over 510,000 spread out over 588 square miles, with 534 miles of shoreline to tend, compared to actual Baltimore city limits and population, which is only 92 square miles and 627,000 people. It takes lots of resources to protect that many lives and that much property, especially when it's as diverse as what we have here. Also bear in mind that we have the state capitol, the largest airport for ~40 miles, and the entirety of Ft. Meade within our boundaries. Also, with the BRAC bringing another ~100,000 people over the next ten years to the county, the county must be able to provide safety to all of us.

ResQguy

Meh
Premium Subscriber
Good summary LL. Additionally, PG had their LDV long before anyone cared about interoperability. Formerly ECU9, then ECU22/47?, now known as PSC-1. It has two "tenders" PSC-2 (a command bus) and PSC-3 (a tower trailer with tow vehicle)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.