Ada County / BLM fire freqs

PaulSWIdaho

I overheard Ada county fire dispatch tell some units to go to TAC-7 for a fire south of the airport. But I don't find a TAC-7 frequency listed anywhere. I'm finding TAC-1 through 6, but no 7. Any suggestions? thanks in advance :)

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
Are you referring to BLM conventional frequencies or Ada County Digital Talk groups?
Ada Fire 7 Is TG 1406 on the ICAWIN Digital System.
There are a lot of Talk groups listed for Ada Count Fire.

PaulSWIdaho

Thanks for your response @thewenk.

I understand your question but I don't know the answer. I have heard BLM talking to Ada county fire on 155.385 FM. But from there they usually move to a "TAC-x" channel. RadioReferrence has the TAC channels listed up to 6, but not 7.

Now that I've been thinking about my original question I should change my question: I live in Hidden Springs (Ada county). What I really want to do is to get ONLY fire dispatch from the Hidden Spring fire station, that would be Eagle Station 3. I do not have an APCO 25 receiver so this is a problem. If I was to get an APCO 25 receiver would it be possible to configure for just this? I'm showing my naivety about APCO 25 with this question I realize. Any short description appreciated.
Thanks

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
Yes, There is likely a VHF frequency for TAC 7. You could program all of the Fire VHF frequencies listed for Ada Cnty fire into your scanner and see if any of them happens to be in use as TAC 7. You might get lucky.

I would not spend the money on a digital scanner. All stations are usually dispatched on one frequency or TG in the case of digital (but not always).

Hopefully someone in the Boise area can help answer your question.