Adair County MO info

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
I was updating the zerg90 map for Adair County MO - Kirksville MO area fire stations - Google My Maps - I got lost trying to figure out the fire stations and fire departments. So I did some digging.

The Broadcastify feed for Adair County fire says that 154.325 is licensed to Novinger FD but it is used as countywide fire dispatch. ????????

The Adair County Assessor lists approx 10 fire stations who are owned by "Adair County Fire".

This website - https://dor.mo.gov/business/sales/rates/2018/Nov2018.pdf -shows just 2 tax rates for the unincorporated areas of Adair County - 'county' and 'county ambulance' - there is no tax rate for 'adair county fire' - apparently 'adair county fire' is self funded or subscription funded or funded thru the general county tax

Who is "Adair County Fire"? Darn good question. Part of the answer was uncovered by digging around in the Secretary of State website.

"Eastern Adair County Fire & Rescue Inc" is expired - it was incorporated in 2007 - per RegSys Missouri - Customer Portal

SOUTHWESTERN ADAIR COUNTY FIRE ASSOCIATION #3, INC. was inc in 1980 - it merged into Eastern Adair in 9/2015

ADAIR COUNTY RURAL FIRE DISTRICT NUMBER ONE, INC. is inactive/merged - was inc in 1980 - merged into Novinger in 6/2017

Eastern Adair changed named to Adair County Fire 10/2015

Novinger Fire merged into Adair County Fire 7/2019

If you were able to follow all of that - you can probably see how 154.325 became the countywide fire dispatch channel.

FURTHERMORE

There was a 2019 newspaper article reporting that an effort was underway to form a fire protection district that covers all of the unincorporated land in the county (except the uninc land covered by La Plata FD in Macon County and Greentop FD in Schuyler County.)

This tells us that 2 areas of Adair County are protected by fire departments that are located outside of Adair County. Should this info be listed at RR? Probably yes. What are the odds they could ever keep track of info like this? Maybe 1 in 100.

FurtherMore

The freqs listed at Radio Reference match the FCC ULS very well. There is a expired license for Adair County 3 Rural Fire on 154.25. Unknown if that freq is still used or not. The Kirksville 155.205 was licensed from 1997 to 2002 and from 2004 to 2018. Kirksville's 154.145 is not licensed apparently. Sheriff might have extenders on 453.9875 and 173.2875. Hospital licensed for pagers on 152.0075 (info in wiki only)

Furthermore

Heard via Adair County fire scanner feed today - fire radio test done at 830 am EDT - just 1 pager tone set was heard - apparently there is just 1 pager tone set for Adair County Fire - the first test was done on 'console 1' and then the test was repeated on 'console 2' - different noises were tested for fire, rescue, and ? amb (beeps/warble/3rd sound) - this was "radio pager and tone test" for Kirksville Fire, Kirksville Chiefs, Adair County Ambulance, and Adair County Fire

At the end the dispatcher said - "Kirksville Fire standby for morning roll call" - but the rollcall was not heard via the county fire feed

CONCLUSION

You now know why 154.325 is the county fire channel. And you know how to dig up some underlying info.

PS - I forgot to say - 154.325 is now licensed to "Adair County Fire" per the FCC ULS

Last edited:

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
I just found this list of FDIDs for Missouri - it includes 2020 info - not sure how complete it is - there is an option to export/download the data

Missouri Fire Departments | data.mo.gov | State of Missouri Data Portal

For Adair County - just 3 Fire Departments are listed - Kirksville + Adair County + Novinger - there are 3 different chiefs but Novinger and Adair County share the same address and the same emergency telephone numbers, but have different business telephone numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.