ADSB Exchange SOLD

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
New reports have people tracking the IP saying the servers are being moved to AWS, UNCONFIRMED

SITE BACK WORKING

belvdr

No longer interested in living
I logged in to ADSB a few minutes ago. and got a "Support our Advertisers" popup. I have little problem supporting the site expenses IF there are some clear commitments from the owners that this is solely for site maintenance, server expenses etc. I know what server costs are etc so I will not accept a general cash grab or ransom type demands like this "The site will be shut down if we do not get 1,000,000,000 by midnight".

If we are funding the site then the site must remain open to everyone and run as it has been in the past. I do not mind a drive to bring in new feeders as long as its not going to be a pile of popups every 5 minutes. In fact popups of any type are a big annoyance and should not be there. A simple "support" button in the menu would be fine.

I speculate that the DOS attack is from someone not happy with the new ownership.
It's likely a DDoS, so it's either someone controlling a large network or, more likely, a group of folks controlling a large network.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hmm, the link in ADS-B Exchange - track aircraft live on the top right is missing www. https//adsbexchange.com

View attachment 135011

The link in the acquisition story that has the www. works fine.

Home - Serving the Flight Tracking Enthusiast - ADS-B Exchange works
https//adsbexchange.com is not working.

Yes you can access the home page but reports are the rest of the rest of the site is down, the host (Pil) just stated that while it started as DDOS it is now something larger.

Screenshot_20230126-135619-831.png Screenshot 2023-01-26 13.53.33.png

fredva

Feed Provider
Not sure what changed but new shows much less than old.
I believe that's because the people feeding the data to the old site have to become aware of the new site and decide to feed to the new site. Or alternatively, people who haven't fed data before need to start feeding to the new site to fill in the gaps. In this type of data sharing, all the data isn't going to be on a new site instantly. It has to grow.