Advertisements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJMNIZ

Recently advertisements started appearing every time I open a Radio Reference
site. Is this a problem with my "smart" phone, or a new RR policy?

ecps92

They have always been there, that I can recall, unless there was a block for those paying users/subscribers
Recently advertisements started appearing every time I open a Radio Reference
site. Is this a problem with my "smart" phone, or a new RR policy?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I'm a premium subriber and there's ads on my mobile platform. Is this normal?

Be sure you are logged into both sites...… The main Radio Reference site, AND the forums.

Also, looking at the address bar on your mobile device, you have ms. for the prefix of the RR mobile website... it might need to be m.

( ms. gives me an error of server not found)

Last edited:

shajoe44

I am logged in and I am getting ads at the top of the forum screen. I even logged out and back on again. I guess I need to ask are members who provide radio broadcasts considered premium subscribers or just paid subscribers?

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I am logged in and I am getting ads at the top of the forum screen. I even logged out and back on again. I guess I need to ask are members who provide radio broadcasts considered premium subscribers or just paid subscribers?

Feed providers are considered "Premium", but only while your feed is up. If you are a feed provider I don't see you as Premium so your feed must not be up at this time.

jasonhouk

My feed is up as well and I'm still getting advertisements on my mobile while logged in, I'll have to check my laptop.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hmm, there might be something not working correctly for feed providers and advertisements... however I'm not sure why. I'll have a look at it...

The issue is you really aren't a paid premium subscriber which sets in motion a different set of flags to check for status.

shajoe44

Lost my internet last night for a few hours, so naturally my feeds went down during that time. Both feeds are up and running as of this morning and now the ads are back as well. Must not add you back as a premium subscriber if something happens to your feeds. Anybody else noticing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.