• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

    Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

    If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

    To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

    The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

    For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

    This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

After DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

amickey1979

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 25, 2004
Messages
129
Reaction score
5
Location
Easton, MD
After I updated my G5 to receive DMR the pager is saying that I am out of range on previously programmed systems. I am monitoring MD FiRST. I did not change anything else and have not really fooled with the DMR.
 

N6ML

Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
1,290
Reaction score
501
Hmmm. No such problem here. Is it out of range all of the time, or just dropping out sometimes? Did you load a new profile, or just run the DMR FunctionUpdater? The latter is supposed to only change the model number - everything that worked before should be unchanged (as I understand it).
 

w9zro

Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
144
Reaction score
4
yep out of range on all just followed the PDF instructions
 

amickey1979

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 25, 2004
Messages
129
Reaction score
5
Location
Easton, MD
Just ran the updater. I did not change anything else. I reloaded the non-DMR profile and it is working.
 

N6ML

Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
1,290
Reaction score
501
Just ran the updater. I did not change anything else. I reloaded the non-DMR profile and it is working.

This seems self-contradictory. If you have a non-DMR profile, it suggests you have a (new) DMR profile too? Is it possible that you selected the wrong model when you created your DMR profile?
 

w9zro

Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
144
Reaction score
4
welp I found my problem i loaded the wrong "code plug" from my list its all good now I AM A MORON !!!!!
 

N6ML

Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2008
Messages
1,290
Reaction score
501
welp I found my problem i loaded the wrong "code plug" from my list its all good now I AM A MORON !!!!!

I'm sure you're the first to make a mistake like that :D Glad it was an easy fix.
 

amickey1979

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 25, 2004
Messages
129
Reaction score
5
Location
Easton, MD
I will check out as soon as I get home. I will post a report.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

w9zro

Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
144
Reaction score
4
yeah the Panic set in and i walked away ... ALWAYS BACK UP BEFORE YOU PLAY!!!!!!!!
 

amickey1979

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 25, 2004
Messages
129
Reaction score
5
Location
Easton, MD
I made sure that I had the correct model. The pager loads the codeplug but keeps reading "Out of Range". When I scoll the pager down my site ID and WACN are missing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top