Albuquerque 800mhz Radio system Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
I got wind the other day that the system is under going an upgrade, was not able to get much more info. Does anyone else know what they are doing

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
From what I heard, they are planning to upgrade to a Project 25 TRS. Unknown if it will be Phase I or II.

73's

Ron

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
Has anyone looked for any new control channels or they not that far along in the upgrade. I am surprised about how quiet this upgrade is. Not heard much at all about it. I am guessing its still going to be a Harris system but if they do go p25 Phase I or II would sure be nice for people with scanners :)

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
Anyone looked at the database and see this in the trunking systems for ABQ???

Unidentified Federal Project 25 00A-0000A

Linked to another system in VA???

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
I am guessing its still going to be a Harris system but if they do go p25 Phase I or II would sure be nice for people with scanners :)
That would be good.

Anyone looked at the database and see this in the trunking systems for ABQ???

Unidentified Federal Project 25 00A-0000A
I saw that the other day and programmed it into my 396XT. So far, I've only heard a few transmissions, all on TG 1125. One transmission referenced "running lights and sirens..." and a few others a "bunker" was mentioned.

NMPhillieFan

I'd be extremely surprised if this entire system is not encrypted. They already made it known they do not like hearing themselves on the internet.

MrAstroSaber

Walkie Talkie Man
I am sure there will be more encrypted channels but I bet the main dispatch channels are not but everything else will be. I am sure Fire will not be secure also. Wait and see what happens. I have looked everywhere but still cant find anything online about the upgrade. I am waiting to hear back from someone with communications about some radios for our FD to use for mutual aid with BCFD. I am hoping I can get some more info out of him them.

jweeks

I take it there's no updates on the police freqs?

Having "scanned" from my HAM equipment and being less than happy, I finally got myself a BCD436HP and noticed a void in the ABQ Police chatter.. Fire, every other city service is in the database, but the police channels are blank.

Have they hidden themselves?

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
jweeks, ABQ/Bern Co. public safety uses Provoice as their type of digital. This is not P25 and scanner are unable to decode it.

Status
Not open for further replies.