ALDOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ4TDM

Feed Provider
Have been monitoring ALDOT, haven't heard nothing but repeater ID's. Have they moved away from the VHF analog repeaters?

medic9351301

Banned
at one time they were using southern linc .
i have heard some traffic on the 3 simplex freqs

KG4DRF

Heard a crew some when they were paving and striping last month just a couple of miles from home. Looks like they use listed frequencies but, only simplex operation, no repeater use. I can remember hearing crew from Joppa salting roads all over North Alabama back in the 80's & 90's and knew where any road issues were. Wish they would go back to that as website(ALDOT'S) is a pain to use.

KJ4TDM

Feed Provider
Well they probably using some other system for their daily ops. I'll leave them in my scanner for now and next time we have snow or ice event I'll monitor them if i don't hear anything then I'll remove them.

medic9351301

Banned
they might still have a ptt service. i know the media has a ptt lte service . its still southern linc btw

KG4DRF

The only time I hear anything it is just the road crews talking between themselves and they are less than 8 miles away. Think only reason I pick them up that far I we use a mag mount scanner antenna that is on metal roof of house.

Status
Not open for further replies.