Alinco: AlincoDJ-MD5 won't scan, TX stays on when on Ham frequencies

brucefl56

I recently bout a Alinco DJ-MD5, I cannot get it to scan the frequencies. I have some public service and Ham Frequencies. I go into Menu/Scan/ click on/off go up to on and when I click on I get Scan List No Select ! I can go back to the main screen and go through the 29 manually. If I click on one of the ham frequencies, the TX locks on and I have to shut it off. I am going to attach 3 files of what I have programmed hopefully Correctly. Thanks Bruce

Attachments

• Screenshot (46).png
    Screenshot (46).png
    67.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot (45).png
    Screenshot (45).png
    63.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot (44).png
    Screenshot (44).png
    124 KB · Views: 22

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
I recently bout a Alinco DJ-MD5, I cannot get it to scan the frequencies. I have some public service and Ham Frequencies. I go into Menu/Scan/ click on/off go up to on and when I click on I get Scan List No Select ! I can go back to the main screen and go through the 29 manually. If I click on one of the ham frequencies, the TX locks on and I have to shut it off. I am going to attach 3 files of what I have programmed hopefully Correctly. Thanks Bruce
OK I looked again at the screenshots.

You need to put the Scan List name in the "Scan List" field for every channel, so the radio knows which scan list to use if you ask it to scan. The channel you showed has "None" in that field, so it won't scan.

brucefl56

OK I looked again at the screenshots.

You need to put the Scan List name in the "Scan List" field for every channel, so the radio knows which scan list to use if you ask it to scan. The channel you showed has "None" in that field, so it won't scan.

In essence you are saying that instead of having the 29 channels listed under scan frequencies, each of those frequencies would have to be listed individually? I am/was assuming that the Scan list would be the one and it would scan all those 29? Or because there are 250 in that particular zone that each frequency is listed Separately? Would you have any idea why the TX would be staying on after releasing the TX button? I think I am having a long learning curve on this one. I appreciate any assistance.

Attachments

• Scanlist.png
    Scanlist.png
    314.6 KB · Views: 2

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
In essence you are saying that instead of having the 29 channels listed under scan frequencies, each of those frequencies would have to be listed individually?
No. Two different but related things.

You create a scan list of ... things you want to scan. Looks like you have done that.

But there is also a field in the definition of each channel where you tell the radio which scan list to use if you hit "scan" while on that channel. If you don't fill in that field, it won't scan while parked on that channel.

That seems redundant if you only have one scan list, but you can create multiple scan lists. Here's an example. Let's say you use your radio at home and also want to use it when visiting relatives in a different state. You can add all the channels for both locations, then create two different zones, one for each state. You can also create a scan list for each location, and associate the appropriate scan list with each channel. Otherwise the radio would scan all channels all the time.

Hopefully that helps.

brucefl56

Thanks for the help, it complicates things somewhat because most things have to be done on the computer. Thanks again.