AM/FM switch?

Gopher

Premium Subscriber
I picked up a Pro2037 at an estate sale for 10 bucks. It is a great-sounding radio and with the antenna that screws into the top it is receiving frequencies that my Home Patrol II and BCD996P2 on an antenna are not. My question is there is a button that says AM/FM. What exactly does it do and what position should I leave it in? I'm listening to fire/police/aircraft mainly.

typesix

It is to switch between AM/FM receive modes and can be used to override the default mode selected by the scanner. Normally not touched as scanner automatically assigns mode based on frequency. The fire and police use FM and aircraft band uses AM.

Gopher

Premium Subscriber
It is to switch between AM/FM receive modes and can be used to override the default mode selected by the scanner. Normally not touched as scanner automatically assigns mode based on frequency. The fire and police use FM and aircraft band uses AM.
I haven't taken the time up upload the manual but that was what I had expected.

krokus

Premium Subscriber

Sometimes military aircraft use either in the 138-144 MHz range. If you hear stuff there that sounds distorted, and might be aircraft, try switching the mode.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I picked up a Pro2037 at an estate sale for 10 bucks. It is a great-sounding radio and with the antenna that screws into the top it is receiving frequencies that my Home Patrol II and BCD996P2 on an antenna are not. My question is there is a button that says AM/FM. What exactly does it do and what position should I leave it in? I'm listening to fire/police/aircraft mainly.
Aircraft are AM mode.
Saint

RichardKramer

Premium Subscriber
In addition to what krokus said, military aircraft using the 148 - 150.8MHz range have used the fm mode. I keep the frequencies next to each other; one in each mode so I can quickly switch between them depending on which mode is being used.