Amateur Radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mully

I have the opportunity to purchase a near-new Kenwood TS-450 and wondered if anyone here could give me an approximate value of this transceiver. The owner passed away 4+ years ago just after the purchase.

n5ims

Be sure to detail the accessories included with the sale. The inclusion of any filters and especially the automatic antenna tuner can affect the radio's value.

mully

Thanks avgas and n5ims. A friend is giving me the equipment -- as well as a scanner(s), CB, etc, not sure what all is there -- but I want to give her at least something. As for the accessories, I pick up the radio next Friday, so I'll repost with the details.

electricsheep

Are you going to be using it just as a HF receiver or are you licensed? If you are just going to be using it as a receiver you can get away with a much simpler and cheaper antenna for the unit/

sulk

Yea its a bit different. I think as long as you get over 80 or 70%, you can operate on the HF band. Otherwise you can do everything else, but no HF.

yyc_tbird_sc

Any score over 80% earns you a + rating which means you can operate on HF. Still no morse code though. I'm going for my advanced when I finally get some time to do so...

Status
Not open for further replies.