Analogue AND Digital Pass Through

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

screamin72

I am not sure where to post this one because I cannot find a similar thing. I want to be able to pass through analogue voice as well as digital voice.

Receiver 2 for Site 2 in Unitrunker audio is set to output to VB Audio Point then DSD+ decodes from that input and outputs to SIGMATEL C-Major Audio for the speakers.

As I watch Site 2's activity I see analogue voice group id's pop up. I cannot hear them.Receiver 2 does have a X in the box at the Analogue selection.

What did I do wrong causing it to not pass through the analogue voice?

SCPD

QRT
You didn't do anything wrong. The receiver has only one audio output. If that output happens to be a speaker - you'll hear sound (or noise). If that output is instead piped into another program - you're at the mercy of the other program to pass the analog call through.

I think I'll have to add a separate output for routing analog audio. If you're monitoring an all analog or all digital system - this isn't issue.

S

screamin72

You didn't do anything wrong. The receiver has only one audio output. If that output happens to be a speaker - you'll hear sound (or noise). If that output is instead piped into another program - you're at the mercy of the other program to pass the analog call through.

I think I'll have to add a separate output for routing analog audio. If you're monitoring an all analog or all digital system - this isn't issue.
Thanks Unitrunker :) I switched to Site 1 OKlahoma City EDACS Provoice Mutual aid and Will Rogers Airport uses analogue on EDACS. Police use EDACS Provoice. I am looking forward to the new dual sudio stream :)

I also thank you for supporting two RTL2832U R820T dingles it works great:) Usually takes my control channel 5 minutes to warm up enough to decode well enough to pop up a site window but thats not a unitrunker issue. Unitrunker handles these dongles well :) I get good decodes on Provoice with dsdplus.

Last edited:

kscott

Premium Subscriber
If you have two rtl820T voice receivers this can be done easily. Have one receiver pipe to DSD or DSD+ with p25 decode box only checked. Have the second receiver select analog box and select audio output to your windows audio device. I am doing this now and it works quite well with mixed systems as well as separate analog and digital systems (both Motorola P25). Signal radios are a GRE-500 and a tapped RS Pro-2006.

S

screamin72

If you have two rtl820T voice receivers this can be done easily. Have one receiver pipe to DSD or DSD+ with p25 decode box only checked. Have the second receiver select analog box and select audio output to your windows audio device. I am doing this now and it works quite well with mixed systems as well as separate analog and digital systems (both Motorola P25). Signal radios are a GRE-500 and a tapped RS Pro-2006.

That would interrupt trunking. 1 dongle on control at all times the other on voice. unitrunker said he may be adding another pipe in the software.

Thats all I have is two dongles and I am not about to pay for a scanner that cost 200 or more dollars when 2 dongles. trunk well. I just do not see the need and totally unnecessary for me to buy any more hardware. Unitrunker already said he may have to add another audio pipe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.