Annapolis Valley

Status
Not open for further replies.

lms

I'm very new to this forum and to programing. I think I've compiled a file using FreeSCAN and I am picking up the various agencies that I have programed in . I am also picking up some channels that I really don't want to be picked up but I am unsure of how I "lock" these out permanently. The other issue I am having is when ever a transmission is detected with the RCMP channels I have programed in, all I seem to get is a constant buzz of sorts the entire time they seem to be transmitting. Is there something I've missed programing that is causing this. Or can you just not receive the RCMP's transmissions? I have a Uniden BCT15X scanner if that is an help. Thanks

hfxChris

Database Admin
Hi Ims,

I assume you've programmed the provincial trunked system correctly. If so, you can push the L/O button on your scanner to lock out a talkgroup that you don't want to hear. Or, when you program the scanner using the Freescan software, just program the talkgroups that you do want to hear, and then while it's scanning push Function + Scan to change from "search mode" to "scan mode" - then it will only stop on the talkgroups that you have programmed.

As for the RCMP, they use digital talkgroups, which the BCT15XT doesn't support. You would need a digital scanner such as the BCD996XT or GRE PSR-600 to hear the RCMP.
Hope this helps.

cacherjoe

Quick questions, maybe along these lines. I remember way back..... WAY back..... the Moncton Police Force (before RCMP) was on a trunked system along with City Works and the Fire Department. You could pick them up using an analog scanner, but daily had to lock out a different channel, I believe was a control channel that only had a buzzing sound. Could this be the same.

I remember that you could hear all the transmissions and couldn't lock out the different agencies, it was all or nothing. Could be wrong here, but is Moncton FD, etc still using the same system?

Joe

hfxChris

Database Admin
Quick questions, maybe along these lines. I remember way back..... WAY back..... the Moncton Police Force (before RCMP) was on a trunked system along with City Works and the Fire Department. You could pick them up using an analog scanner, but daily had to lock out a different channel, I believe was a control channel that only had a buzzing sound. Could this be the same.

I remember that you could hear all the transmissions and couldn't lock out the different agencies, it was all or nothing. Could be wrong here, but is Moncton FD, etc still using the same system?

Joe
Sounds like you were listening to it using a non-trunking scanner.

lms

I have one other question for my setup. On my “old” scanner I had programmed in individual frequency’s to pick up the individual fire department transmissions. The one thing that I really liked was that when a page was sent out to the fire fighters a set of tones would sound. This would automatically let me know that there was a call going out. As it stands right now I don’t know how to get these frequencies’s to work on the new scanner. I have them programmed in but I am assuming it has to be a totally different setup than what I have now. Can someone give me some direction as to set this up. Thanks very much

hfxChris

Database Admin
Same frequencies (which you can find here in the database if you don't have them anymore) - but when you program them in Freescan, you have to create a conventional system, instead of a trunked system.
Then just create a group in that system, and add your frequencies there. Assign quick keys so you can turn it on and off if you desire.

lms

Thanks for the quick reply. I have uploaded the new file and fingers crossed that it works. Thanks very much for all your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.