• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Another MCS2000 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RT145

I have it programmed with only 1 priority in the scan list. That channel has a PL programmed into it, however whenever anyone on that same frequency talks, even if its on a different PL it trips the priority. All you hear is the beep and it switches to that channel, and the yellow monitor light is on so you know someone is talking on that frequency. Is this something in the programming that I can change?

WX9EMS

A little more information would be beneficial. What are you current settings in CPS? Maybe offer to share your codeplug. I do not use priority. The break in the busy channel annoys me when it looks back at the priority channel every x seconds.

RKG

I have it programmed with only 1 priority in the scan list. That channel has a PL programmed into it, however whenever anyone on that same frequency talks, even if its on a different PL it trips the priority. All you hear is the beep and it switches to that channel, and the yellow monitor light is on so you know someone is talking on that frequency. Is this something in the programming that I can change?

You need to invoke an option known variously as "Channel Marking" or something like that.

What it does is, if the radio detects valid freq but invalid tone on a priority channel, it marks the channel as busy with co-channel, and temporarily deletes it from the scan list except for a period check to see if the valid freq has dropped, in which case the channel is restored to the scan list.

For the MCS2000, I believe you'll find this option in Scan - Scan Configuration - Conventional.

RT145

Okay thanks I'll look for that. Do you know how to do it on the CDM1250 as well? I'm having a similar issue w/ that but I can't find anything about channel marking in the CPS.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
For a priority channel check, the radio has to switch channels, do a quick check and get back to the original channel. This creates a dropout at intervals. To check for carrier only is fairly quick. To stop and check for carrier and also decode PL requires much more time and the dropout time would become objectionable. Most manufactures remove PL for priority checks as a simple solution and sometimes that's all you get.

But there are some novel work-arounds if the radio supports them. As RKG mentioned for the MCS2000 you can invoke channel marking. For a CDM1250 you'd set your PL Scan Type as Priority and Non-Priority Channel.

RKG

As as an additional note, if you employ priority on a working radio, Priority 1 should always be set for "Selected Channel." Otherwise, it can be hard to maintain a conversation back-and-forth if the a priority set for some other fixed channel keeps knocking off the person you are trying to converse with.

Status
Not open for further replies.