Antenna ID Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wackodrumr

Can someone help me ID this antenna? I came across it along with the other equipment in the background and was hoping to restore some use out of them.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMAG0332.jpg
    IMAG0332.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 166

W3DMV

Well, what you seem to have is HF trap vertical. Most were sold by Cushcraft, Hygain
and Mosely and we're popular 15-20 years ago.
I think you might have too many "traps" (short tubes w/plastic caps) Would be one for
each band but it looks like you have more than that. Maybe some spares or a mixed
bag from more than one antenna.
Sorry Ican't be more specific but there were many models and variations..

Wackodrumr

I've got most of the traps and some of the other parts narrowed down to a hy-gain TH-11dx. But this one, I can't figure out. This one piece has no labels or part numbers attached and is making it difficult to figure out.

prcguy

The vertical one looks very Hy-Gain and with no attachment for ground radials, so its probably not a CB antenna. Could be from a trapped vertical like a 14AVQ, 18AVQ, etc.
prcguy

I've got most of the traps and some of the other parts narrowed down to a hy-gain TH-11dx. But this one, I can't figure out. This one piece has no labels or part numbers attached and is making it difficult to figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.