antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrUnKeN_TiGeR

Feed Provider
I have a 1040. Is there a better indoor antenna that I can buy? I can't seem to consistantly pick up digital channels and I am limited where I place the scanner as I broadcast.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
If you could reply and advise of what frequencies or bands you monitor, it will help others on providing advice, good or bad ;)

Off we go with general antenna info: ( While these types are typically used outdoors, you could try indoors as well )
1. An omni directional antenna specific to the band you want to RX usually provide gain, thus improving your chances of RX.
2. A Yagi antenna is directional and typically tuned for a particular band and also offers gain.
3. A discone antenna covers more bandwidth, but is unity gain (Typically much less gain than #1 or #2 above) Still, if you can hear the signals when you go outside with the 1040 and it's stock antenna, the discone may work fine for you.

wtp

since the frequencies are in the 400 band i would look for a good 400 band antenna.
antennas work better when they are meant for the band you listen to .
digital or analog, it makes no difference.

DrUnKeN_TiGeR

Feed Provider
thank you so...... even though they are talk groups they are still that frequency but "groups" in that frequency?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.