Anyone just hear the DEMA repeaters go active?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
About 30 minutes ago I heard the Hualapai repeater go active, for some reason I had it programmed in my Fire/EMS scan list on the BCT15x. Can’t remember why I made some of the odd choices I did with the layout back in 2016 but it was one of their analog repeaters on 141.45 PL100.0

It’s part of their analog network listed here: Arizona - Arizona Division of Emergency Management Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

I heard some odd tones and someone mention dialing kingman while rambling shortly before more tones and then going dead air. I couldn’t hear exactly what they said as the volume was down because I was photographing the scanner. That aside though I’ve never heard caught it active before even for routine testing like this. Did anyone else here hear this one or any other that’s local to you go active as well tonight?

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
The mountain tops become active every once in a while with traffic. Didn't hear the consiveration but EMA channel was swaking around that time.

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
The mountain tops become active every once in a while with traffic. Didn't hear the consiveration but EMA channel was swaking around that time.
Ah nice. I just heard it go active again “Operation attack 160 5 minutes out”.

Hualapai had some issues and was taken offline last week for maintenance to allow techs to repair the issues and do local testing. This can be a busy system but can also be hit or miss. The tones were to bring Hualapai back online line with the network.

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
Hualapai had some issues and was taken offline last week for maintenance to allow techs to repair the issues and do local testing. This can be a busy system but can also be hit or miss. The tones were to bring Hualapai back online line with the network.
Ah neat. I kept hearing mention of gateways and various other traffic as the sun set but fell asleep. I'll have to keep an ear out for this system more now.

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
The DPS's Wireless Systems Bureau (WSB###) was testing the system. Most traffic I hear on is on Towers. Usually just routine NG training flights and the DEMA net tests on Wed. The NG calls the net 'Bullseye'.

Occasionally I've been able to match the NG flights on ADS-B exchange to the radio traffic. As I write, a flight of 2 Coyote came up on Bullseye and are operating near the McDowell Mtns.

IC-R20

LoBand Nation
The DPS's Wireless Systems Bureau (WSB###) was testing the system. Most traffic I hear on is on Towers. Usually just routine NG training flights and the DEMA net tests on Wed. The NG calls the net 'Bullseye'.

Occasionally I've been able to match the NG flights on ADS-B exchange to the radio traffic. As I write, a flight of 2 Coyote came up on Bullseye and are operating near the McDowell Mtns.

Nice. What time is the net usually held?

Foresigt

I don't know what all the posts are about. The traffic is just the same the last few days as it has been for the last few months. Did you guys just start listening to it?

By the way, Net the is not called Bullseye. That is just one of the stations on there.

Last edited:
I think the original poster finally “heard” the repeater. Hualapai had degraded to in power over the past year or so to around -95db off the mountain and down into Kingman. DEMA and DPS WSB were notified and checked the site and brought it back up to service levels. I’m not sure of the original posters setup, but the signal was so unusable a handheld was very hard pressed to pick it up. Mobile, and base radios were also hard to receive the transmitters signal. Now that the repeater had been serviced signals are very strong into Kingman and surrounding areas with all the above receivers, so for some people this is basically new and trying to learn what is is for.

Status
Not open for further replies.