AOR 8600 for aviation

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
I'm not trying to be a troll here. I was just going thru my FB pages and I have the Flightradar24 page liked so, I see this posting where someone mentions the AOR 8600 being used along with an app in order to follow aircraft. Now, my question is; why would you use such an expensive radio to listen to aviation frequencies (or for that matter, any other radio band) when there are scanners that can do the job (me thinks) for a fraction of the price of an AOR rig? Can someone here please enlighten me on why would you choose the AOR over, say, a Uniden scanner?

commscanaus

It is a similar sort of question as:

"Why drive an AMG Mercedes when a Toyota Corolla will still get you to where you are going for a fraction of the price?"

Performance and the enjoyment of the drive would be the answer!

Commscanaus

SCPD

QRT
depends

It is a similar sort of question as:

"Why drive an AMG Mercedes when a Toyota Corolla will still get you to where you are going for a fraction of the price?"

Performance and the enjoyment of the drive would be the answer!

Commscanaus

Depends on the user,myself I like cheaper things,they tend to work better for me.

dkf435

The AR-8600 has a mini DIN on the back with hi/low record out and discriminator out without cracking the case open Plus if you are in Europe it will tune the 8.33 spacing for air band correctly.

David Kb7uns

Status
Not open for further replies.