AOR AR-DV1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainetrunk

KA2ZEY is right. So many trunked systems are trbo, nexden,,,,,,.. If a receiver/scanner can't trunk-- what is the point to buying something that can't follow our system's? There are only so many coventional systems, like HAM, usb,lsb,.It only has 2,000 channels? 50 freq's per bank.An auto attenuator? . Non trunk--i wouldn't pay more than $599.00 for it--FREE SHIPPING.. Next thing you know, they will get a scanner that does trbo, non trunk.. They are getting closer to the ULTIMATE RECEIVER, close...

Boatanchor

If it doesn't have trunking capabilities then what is the point? So many systems are trunked.

Agree, this is going to be a major hurdle for AOR, if it hopes to sell into the domestic market.
Sales of P25 capable versions of their other receivers would have suffered because of this omission.
There are so few digital 'conventional' systems around, that it makes you wonder if they sold any of their other P25 capable products.

Hopefully, AOR can find a way to incorporate trunking into the DV1, even if it is just basic control channel/voice channel tracking without the talkgroup management.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
If this radio can truly deocde NXDN communications then this radio will target listeners that will pay the big bucks for this receiver. Love them Japanese engineers.

Who really cares about D-Star or the other modulations.

If they were smart they would of designed the radio to do Phase I and II trunking with NXDN and have the ability for MOTOTRBO down the road they would get 5K for these radios all day long. I would pull my credit card out and pay monthly payments and get a second job to pay for this specimen.

mancow

Database Admin
If this radio can truly deocde NXDN communications then this radio will target listeners that will pay the big bucks for this receiver. Love them Japanese engineers.

Who really cares about D-Star or the other modulations.

If they were smart they would of designed the radio to do Phase I and II trunking with NXDN and have the ability for MOTOTRBO down the road they would get 5K for these radios all day long. I would pull my credit card out and pay monthly payments and get a second job to pay for this specimen.

I'll take TRBO over NXDN any day. Who uses NXDN outside of rail really?

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

If the AR-DV1 can decode the voice channels on trunked systems, and is controllable over the USB link, then you can do what was done before trunktracker scanners were available. You run a trunker type program on the computer with a discriminator tapped radio to decode the control channel, and command the AR-DV1 to decode the voice traffic.

There is a mixture of DMR and NXDN here in New England. I recently found a nine site Icom IDAS system in Maine and New Hampshire that is very active with AAA Northern New England traffic. There are also some NexEdge trunked systems as well.

So I am very interested in the receiver. The keypad functions look similar to the AR-8600 and I hope it is at least computer-controllable to the same level.

73 Eric

w4rtt

If they were smart they would of designed the radio to do Phase I and II trunking with NXDN and have the ability for MOTOTRBO down the road they would get 5K for these radios all day long. I would pull my credit card out and pay monthly payments and get a second job to pay for this specimen.[/QUOTE said:
Isn't DMR MOTOTRBO?

JPSan

BUT, did AOR ever correct the issue with Phase 1 P25

From an article at N9EWO's site:

Keeping this in mind : Has
AOR "finally" fixed the very serious P25 bug that plagued that "Phase 1" digital option on the AR5001D ?? That is it does not decode properly, sometimes just letting the un-decoded signal through . Does not appear so ?? Totally unacceptable issues of course for any owner !
"You Tube" video that shows this bug, be sure and read the comments under this video.)

From N9EWO - Dave's Radio News : N9EWO - Dave's Radio News

Scroll down to AOR DV1 story. Who we be first guinea pig to lay out the cash to see how well it functions?

mainetrunk

NOT me!! I thought this would be a great peice of technology. The LAST thing any of us needs to do is spend more money on the shipping to fix an uxfixable bug. The tech would spend more time with it than us..O.K, what's next?

prcguy

I believe the 8200MK3D has the same problem and on some systems it doesn't mute between transmissions during repeater hang time and you get a bunch of digital gunge from the speaker.
prcguy

From an article at N9EWO's site:

Keeping this in mind : Has
AOR "finally" fixed the very serious P25 bug that plagued that "Phase 1" digital option on the AR5001D ?? That is it does not decode properly, sometimes just letting the un-decoded signal through . Does not appear so ?? Totally unacceptable issues of course for any owner !
"You Tube" video that shows this bug, be sure and read the comments under this video.)

From N9EWO - Dave's Radio News : N9EWO - Dave's Radio News

Scroll down to AOR DV1 story. Who we be first guinea pig to lay out the cash to see how well it functions?

Analogrules

Are there any lower priced (under $200) DMR receivers that you don't have to hook up to a PC? Perhaps there is a DMR ham radio that receives DMR outside the HAM band too?

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
I know the AOR ARD25 p25 digital convertor works on my Icom R8500 Analong Scanner. The key is to a strong enough Digital Signal. Guess you can call me a guinea pig. Oink, Oink. I would try it. There are several DMR Frequencies in my area from VHF to UHF. As well as DStar. NXDN and C4FM. If it is pink and purple I would get it. Color does not bother me. This radio would not tie me to a computer all day long.

JPSan

Modulation modes

Had this sent to me today. It might answer a lot of questions. Wonder just how well it will perform. Supposed to be under 1000.$

NOTICE no Phase II. Was informed NO TRUNKING.

Attachments

• AORDV1.jpg
    AORDV1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 3,576
Last edited:

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Greetings,
That's a lot of money for a non trunking wideband radio. Most of the digital signals can be handled by DSD+. My AOR5000+3 can do the same just porting the signal through "line in". I wish it could do phase 2, I might be interested.

vince48

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I still don't understand why a company would go the distance on getting these pretty cool modulations for consumer use but not implement trunking?? That blows my mind.

Can somebody help me understand AOR's thinking??

Status
Not open for further replies.