AOR AR-DV1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Can the AOR AR-DV1 properly decode P25 CQPSK Linear Simulcast Modulation signals?

MStep

Can the AOR AR-DV1 properly decode P25 CQPSK Linear Simulcast Modulation signals?

I've watched your thread essentially wither here for the past week--- unless you've already gotten an answer somewhere else, it's probably time to call AOR in either Japan or the USA to get the definitive word.

Vince64

Hi,
except missunderstanding from my side, P25 SQPSK is also call P25 C4FM. this is APCO 25 phase1.
Phase 1 uses the IMBE voice codec.
DV1 can decode P25 Phase1.
In regards to P25 Phase2, it's use AMBE +2 which is not yet implemented into DV1.

rustynswrail

The irony is that P25 P2, DMR and NXDN use the same AMBE+2 vocoder, just in different ways.

So the DV-1 could be made to acknowledge (as opposed receive/trunk) P25 Phase II, possibly. P25 Remember, Phase II is a trunking platform only. The control channel and non-trunking communications revert back to Phase I.

Also I dare say with a bit of heavy R&D, there is a remote and I underline remote chance it could receive (but not trunk) Phase II somewhat like it currently does DMR. I wouldn't like to put money on it however.

R

rustynswrail

This is from Wikipedia.

DMR, along with P25 phase II and NXDN are the main competitor technologies in achieving 6.25 kHz equivalent bandwidth using the proprietary AMBE+2 vocoder. DMR and P25 II both use two-slot TDMA in a 12.5 kHz channel, while NXDN uses discrete 6.25 kHz channels using frequency division.

The link is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_mobile_radio

Status
Not open for further replies.