AOR AR5000+3B Cellular mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg4icg

Crazy Trucking Mechanic
Premium Subscriber
When I bought My AR5000A back in 1996 at that little Place in Vienna Virginia that isn't around anymore, they accidently sold me a non-blocked model in which I still have today.

dkf435

When I bought My AR5000A back in 1996 at that little Place in Vienna Virginia that isn't around anymore, they accidently sold me a non-blocked model in which I still have today.

Dick is in San Diego now and now and then will put AOR parts on eBay. He has many parts left over from the custom mods they did. Sells under "rfrobins"

David Kb7uns

rma0100

Receiving Cell signals is not possible without a Vocoder, the A5/1,/2,/3/ and /4 algorythm which is a math formular that can only be unlocked by the HUGE key. Every time they come out with a new Gen, they need an additional algorythm. NO off the shelf scanner is going to do it. However, it is possible because what man encrypts can be de-crypted by man. I worked in the industry for years. It takes money and a SW guru. Lots of money.

We have a better chance of doing APCO 25 Phase I. And forget MOTO. Even the guys programming the radios don't know the keys. They use a programmer and the keys are NOT visible to them. Forget it guys.

rma0100

THE AOR 5000+3

I've had app 5 AOR 5000's. The best one is the A model +3 by far. I have taken the oportunity to measure the sensitivity using a calibrated Rohde & Schwarz Signal Generator. The sensitivity of the plain 5000 is good at about .4 Uv but the +3 measured .28 Uv. Both measurements were VHF and UHF. When I sold my last one I was ashamed of myself. I just bought another one for a real good price and I WON't get rid of this one.

In my opinion the A +3 model is the best receiver ever made. In all respects. There's NO SENSE in searching for an ublocked one as you will NEVER get the cell calls back again for many many strong technical reasons. Forget it. As well, it's a felony under Title 18 parts 2510-2512. Read those laws and give it up. It's a new day. There are systems out there that can listen and track cell calls. they start at about $250,000 and you must be the Government or Law Enforcement to get one. Check the internet. I worked in the defense industry and have used them. There really something. The one I used (under Gov contract) could receive hundreds of calls at once and do voice recog at the same time.

By the way, the Police are currently making good use out of pinging cell phones to determine our locations and in many cases quite accurate. However, sometimes with huge error. And you cannot prevent them from pinging you unless you shut the phone off and take the battery out. Also, there are now active systems that can intercept a call or stop it or intercept a SMS or MMS and modify it.

If you can ever get your hands on a 5000A+3 for under $2K, grab it as it will retain it's value. The price has been rising. Good Luck

dkf435

Not sure what bringing up a 2 year old thread is going to do but there are times when hunting for interference or using frequency converters/ transverters that the gaps are not wanted. Listening to cell phones was dead here over ten years ago.

David Kb7uns

Status
Not open for further replies.