Appleton police frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I have a Uniden BC245 XLT scanner and cannot access Appleton police anymore. I know they changed something a few months ago. Do they have new frequencies or is it something that I will no longer be able to listen to?

MarcusDude

Premium Subscriber
Appleton PD, as well as most of the rest of Outagamie County has moved to a PROJECT 25 DIGITAL, 800 MHz trunking system, so make sure the scanner you are using has those capabilities, the frequencies are as follows:

Appleton Police Department Channels (talkgroups)
45091 APD 1 Dispatch (used just like the old 155.79)
45092 APD 2 Info (used like the old 159.150)
45093 APD 3 Car-to-Car (used like the old 151.265)
45094 APD 4 Tac 1
45095 APD 5 Tac 2
45096 APD 6 Tac 3
45097 APD 7 Training
45098 APD 8 unknown use
45099 APD 9 unknown use (all encrypted)

hansoncarla

I have had my BCD436HP for about a week now and I have tweaked my personal list every day and I am hearing most of what I am looking for. The system that is number one for me is Appleton, but I get only a few hits from the 45091 talkgroup and so far no other Appleton talkgroups. I hear all the Winnebago, Neenah/Menasha, Grand Chute and Outagamie County on the Outagamie/Winnebago System with little distortion. I live 12 mile east of Appleton's city limits. Anyone else having trouble hearing the Appleton dispatch?

nikegolf384

Check your service types in the menu. You can do this right from the scanner or Sentinel. I had a similar issue with mine who. I got it two months ago. It was only scanning dispatch related channels. Make sure your service types are turned on for tac, talk, interop, etc. If you have troubles. Let me kNow.know.

hansoncarla

Thanks, I did have all the service types checked. I went into Appleton two days ago with the scanner and when I got about 5 miles out, the channels started coming to life which told me I needed a better antenna when at home. I just installed a SC2 this afternoon and I am now picking up the Outagamie/Winnebago system and it sounds nice and clear. There seems to be some crossover with the system freqs as the system will say Winnebago County, but show Appleton dispatch which should really be on the Outagamie County freqs. I am running Proscan software on my computer and logging the hits with Talkgroup id's and User id's that will allow me to update my favorites list with more accurate descriptions of the systems. I am also scanning for all id's on this system, there have been some unknown. With the recording capability in Proscan, I will be able to listen to conversation that will help me figure who it is and again update the favorites listings. So far, I really like this 436, once you get use to the talkgroups and systems compared to the old channels I had been use to in the old days.

radioron69

I just got my hands on a Uniden BCD996P2. This is the first time I've ever played around with a receiver. Would anyone be willing to show me how to program it to only receive Appleton's main channel? I don't really understand how this works.. Any help would be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.