• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX Admit Tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

quebecradioguy

Quebec Database Admin
Database Admin
Hi guys, did some research around but havent find an answer...

So here it is. When i talk in Duplex or on a Trunking System, i do have a talk admit tone. now,when im in Simplex i don't have the admit tone, and i can't find it anywhere in the CPS..

Any Help would be appreciated

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
The talk admit tone means your radio has successfully accessed the trunking system and you can go ahead and talk.

Since simplex doesn't requiring accessing a system, there's no reason for a talk admit tone.

In other words, that setting doesn't exist.

quebecradioguy

Quebec Database Admin
Database Admin
Dayum.. We all had it on our Mototrbos... firefighter were asking me why there was no sound on the Green Radio..(APX6000)

Thanks Mike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
You might consider adding MDC to your simplex channels.

You can alias the MDC ID to an actual alphanumeric ID for each firefighter.

Set the PTT-ID to Leading Edge and enable the Sidetones.

There will be a brief chirp as the MDC ID is sent. This is as close to an admit tone as you're going to get.

SCPD

QRT
If your radio is secure equipped you could enable clear tx tone for your conventional stuff and not have any secure button programmed in or personality set to go secure. While it is just a beep letting you know it's keying up in clear it does say hey your transmitting per say. The pre mdc with short side tone on your conventional would be better I think. It will also help identify anyone sitting on a radio wrong keying up holding the channel and get ahold of them by other means then everyone trying to get on saying check your mics when we know it won't help.

quebecradioguy

Quebec Database Admin
Database Admin
Well, does MDC works with P25 Simplex? I know I can do it with our iTac/iCall Channel which are Conventionnal, but I've never seen the setting for MDC in P25.. and Yes our radios are Basic secure(no AES or stuff like that) just the ADP, which is used for a few Chief band which are encrypted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Well, does MDC works with P25 Simplex?

MDC1200 is an analogue only signalling feature.

I know I can do it with our iTac/iCall Channel which are Conventional

Your itac/icall channels are analogue, which is why you can use MDC1200.

but I've never seen the setting for MDC in P25.

You won't. When you transmit P25, whether conventional or trunked, the unique radio ID is embedded with in the data stream. Even if you could send MDC1200 while transmitting digital, it would be redundant.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Use the Transmit Clear Alert tone. It sends a short tone every time you keyup when you are not encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.