AR-DV1 & Butel software --- USB error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf6gpe

Ray, KF6GPE
I suspect the problem is with the PC, although I'm not entirely sure. I just got a new AR-DV1 and have installed the ARC-DV1-PRO software from Butel. I've run the driver installer for x64 on my Windows 10 box, connect the radio, and I immediate hear the USB device connected chime and get a popup saying that the USB device has an error. I've tried restarting both the PC and the radio, and in fact even tried a full reset on the radio. The radio's baud rate is set to 115,200, although I don't think that's it --- I think that'd only have an effect after the initial USB connection.

Any advice? Thanks!

kf6gpe

Ray, KF6GPE
The plot thickens! I tried using my wife's PC --- installed ARC-DV-1, the x64 driver, connected the radio, and no USB sound whatsoever.

This is a good data cable; I've used it with other hardware.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Installing AR-DV1 Driver Instructions

Step by Step guide / advice + working Drivers for AR-DV1 connecting. Although created to assist eSPYonARD users, should also be applicable to BUTEL software.

Last edited:

kf6gpe

Ray, KF6GPE
Installing AR-DV1 Driver Instructions

Step by Step guide / advice + working Drivers for AR-DV1 connecting. Although created to assist eSPYonARD users, should also be applicable to BUTEL software.

Thanks! I'd already tried installing that; tried again, and on my shack PC I see the same USB error; on other PCs I see nothing.

Any other thoughts?

kf6gpe

Ray, KF6GPE
I've also tried uninstalling the SILAB driver in the system control panel and re-installing it, and swapped through three USB cables, all of which I know work with other devices.

The problem might be the one reported here:

SigIntel8600

Communications Receiver Nut
Premium Subscriber
I've also tried uninstalling the SILAB driver in the system control panel and re-installing it, and swapped through three USB cables, all of which I know work with other devices.

The problem might be the one reported here:

Yes, here is my WAG, (Wild A@@ Guess) did you install the software an administrator? Also, when you run the software, are you running it as an administrator?

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! I'd already tried installing that; tried again, and on my shack PC I see the same USB error; on other PCs I see nothing.
The download not only includes the SILAB driver version that actually work. Some versions do not.

Did you download my step by step instructions, and follow them exactly? They contain important tips, that if ignored will just result in your P.C. re-installing the same driver you are currently using.

kf6gpe

Ray, KF6GPE
Yep --- I followed the instructions step-by-step in your download instructions; no change.

I'll try it again tomorrow, too, to see if I missed a step.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Yep --- I followed the instructions step-by-step in your download instructions; no change.

I'll try it again tomorrow, too, to see if I missed a step.

OK, do not forget to go back and check the newly installed Driver version number is the one I included when the other steps are complete. Good luck

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Forum Rules mean I cannot post this in two places.

So anyone interested in the above, please look at;-

NOT the description of the post shown above.

The later post headed 'DRIVERS AND USB PROBLEMS GENERALLY'

struijs

Premium Subscriber
I suspect the problem is with the PC, although I'm not entirely sure. I just got a new AR-DV1 and have installed the ARC-DV1-PRO software from Butel. I've run the driver installer for x64 on my Windows 10 box, connect the radio, and I immediate hear the USB device connected chime and get a popup saying that the USB device has an error. I've tried restarting both the PC and the radio, and in fact even tried a full reset on the radio. The radio's baud rate is set to 115,200, although I don't think that's it --- I think that'd only have an effect after the initial USB connection.

Any advice? Thanks!

Did you find a solution? I have exact the same. Unit is 2 days old. First day playing with USB. ...

Regards, Peter

kf6gpe

Ray, KF6GPE
Did you find a solution? I have exact the same. Unit is 2 days old. First day playing with USB. ...

Regards, Peter
I did not. Jeffery Ashby noted over on the Facebook group for the AOR-DV1 () that it seems that there's a collection of units with bad USB ports. I haven't flipped mine over yet to see if mine is in the affected batch.

I ended up doing the programming with the AOR DV-1 Data Utility on AOR's web site. That said, I just went looking for it for you, and while there's a link on AOR's download site, it appears to be broken.

(edit: Aha, it's AR Data Editor:Help)

That said, if you have a SD card reader, you can save the channel settings and edit them as a TSV in Excel or Open Office.

Of course, none of this should be necessary...

Status
Not open for further replies.