Please use the following examples to familiarize yourself with programming. Please notice the unit responds to entries with a been and responds to errors with sequential beeping. If unit does not beep, please be certain key switch on front is in the off position.
1. DIRECT FREQUENCY ENTRY. For example, 144, 580 MHz Press the following keys: MANUAL -1-4-4-.-5-8-ENT ENT (Note, final 0 is not necessary)
2. SEARCH PROGRAMMING. For example, searching from 144-148.
0125MHz in 12.5KHz inorements.
Press the following keys: SE,PROG (you will notice the inoorement LED's
flashing). INC (continue pressing until the desired increment is selected as shown by the LED). ENT -ENT -1-4-4- ENT (enters lower search frequency) 1-4-8-, -1-2-5- ENT (enters upper search frequency) SEARCH (this front panel key starts the search between the two frequencies). You will not notice any indication of searching other than the audio when the unit finds an active frequency.
3. ENTERING AN ACTIVE SEARCHED FREQUENCY INTO THE SCAN LIST. When you find an active frequency through searching and wish to enter it for further listening or identification.
Press the following keys: ENT -0-1 (enters frequency into channel 1).
4. ENTERING A FREQUENCY INTO SCAN LIST. Example: Entering
165.0125 into channel 5.
Press the following keys: MANUAL -1-6-5-.-0-1-2-5- ENT -ENT- 0-5.
5. VERIFYING A FREQUENCY IN THE SCAN LIST. For example, verifying that 165,0125 is in channel 5 per the example above.
Press the MANUAL or DOWN key to move the lighted indicator to the
channel you wish to check. Press VERIFY. The unit will execute a scan back and forth routine and beep. After the final beep, you will see the display light to indicate the frequency in sequence, i,e, the frequenoy in the example will light the LED's for channels 1-6-5-10(0)-1-2-5.
the frequency display, then return to the channel it has just verified.
6. PROGRAMMING BANK SCAN. You can scan only a certain sequence or bank of channels. For example, if all police frequencies are entered into channels 2 thru 9, you can scan these channels to the exclusion of all others by doing the following.
Press the following keys: S.C. PROG -0-2- ENT -0-9- ENT. Start scanning by pressing SCAN key on front. Resume scanning all channels by entering channels 1 and 16 via the above procedure.