ARC 160 software

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4WLV

Hey folks,

Wasn't sure if anyone knew, but Butel released the Beta version of ARC160 today, for the Pro 160/162. It only supports writing data to the scanner in banks 0 - 4 right now. It will not download anything from the scanner yet. If you want to try it, go to :

www.butelsoftware.com & then click on the downloads link, and then click Radioshack.

Didn't see it covered anywhere else yet, so if it is a repost my apologies. Have a great night !!!!

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
Hey folks,

Wasn't sure if anyone knew, but Butel released the Beta version of ARC160 today, for the Pro 160/162. It only supports writing data to the scanner in banks 0 - 4 right now. It will not download anything from the scanner yet. If you want to try it, go to :

www.butelsoftware.com & then click on the downloads link, and then click Radioshack.

Didn't see it covered anywhere else yet, so if it is a repost my apologies. Have a great night !!!!

i just grabbed mine maybe 30 min before seeing this post, but thanks for posing, i just got lucky to check again today for updates! :)

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
will the older radioshack serial cable work for this radio or the newer USB type only?

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
i can't find in the beta where to change what port i am using, am i just missing it?

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
will the older radioshack serial cable work for this radio or the newer USB type only?

ok, i answered 1 question:

IMPORTANT: Radioshack cables 20-048, 20-049 and 20-289 do NOT work with the PRO-160/PRO-162

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Windows Vista!

Will the software work with windows vista? I would love to use it on my lap top. Otherwise my desktop has XP. I hope they release the 160 soon!

Manny

timlangham

Premium Subscriber
Please help with Programming Pro-162 with Butel Software

Newbie here! I downloaded the beta version ARC-160. I tried to send the information from my pc to my scanner but it did not work. According to the RS manual on page 68, All I have to do is plug the cable in and "wired programming" automatically starts. I am using the RS 20-047 programming cable. Each time I try to upload to scanner, I get an error "Scanner not detected, check cable and/or comport setting" This is the first time that I have tried programming a scanner via a pc.

Please help I have pulled out just about all my hair.

Thank you in advance!

Highpockets

Newbie here! I downloaded the beta version ARC-160. I tried to send the information from my pc to my scanner but it did not work. According to the RS manual on page 68, All I have to do is plug the cable in and "wired programming" automatically starts. I am using the RS 20-047 programming cable. Each time I try to upload to scanner, I get an error "Scanner not detected, check cable and/or comport setting" This is the first time that I have tried programming a scanner via a pc.

Please help I have pulled out just about all my hair.

Thank you in advance!

Your lucky, were all bald here. Check in your device manager and see what port was assigned to the cable, and set that com port # in the software.

timlangham

Premium Subscriber
Your lucky, were all bald here. Check in your device manager and see what port was assigned to the cable, and set that com port # in the software.

This might be a dumb question, but how do you change the com port # in the software? I have gone to all the tabs and there is no option for this.

Thanks

timlangham

Premium Subscriber
I don't know that software, I believe I read that it does it automatically, so if it does, did you install the driver for the cable?

Yeah. When I plugged the cable in, the drivers downloaded and the COM port is #30. The software I am using is the Butel ARC 160 Beta version.

I am assuming that since it is a beta version, I am not going to be able to change the com port.

Highpockets

Yeah. When I plugged the cable in, the drivers downloaded and the COM port is #30. The software I am using is the Butel ARC 160 Beta version.

I am assuming that since it is a beta version, I am not going to be able to change the com port.

One of the posts above by butel saya it should detect the com port automatically, sorry to say, now I'm out of suggestions. I hope someone with more knowledge with that software will chime in. Sorry... Keep your hands out of your hair. :)

timlangham

Premium Subscriber
One of the posts above by butel saya it should detect the com port automatically, sorry to say, now I'm out of suggestions. I hope someone with more knowledge with that software will chime in. Sorry... Keep your hands out of your hair. :)

Thanks for the effort. I will wait and see if someone has an answer.

timlangham

Premium Subscriber
I have uninstalled the drivers on two separate computers. Still getting the scanner not detected error. In the software, I am unable to change the com port. Not sure what to do from here.

timlangham

Premium Subscriber
disregard my last message. I used it on my other computer and it is now working. However, I am still don't know if there is a way to change the com ports on the beta version. I would like to be able to use my laptop because I have a few buddies at the fire station who have the same scanner that I need to program. Hopefully, the full version will allow me to fix this. Thank you for all your help.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
The software automatically detects your scanner but it does not and will not support comport 30.

In the windows device manager change the comport so it is lower than 17 and then the software will detect your scanner. Latest version is now 0.9 and also reads from the scanner.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Status
Not open for further replies.