ARC-XT load and edit from 396xt

Status
Not open for further replies.
probably a simple question here but I am stumped, this ARC-xt is not as easy as the old ARC8 i'm use to.

I just received several scanners pre-loaded with almost an entire states worth of channels. each scanner is going to a different person in a different area so I need to lock out different channels on each scanner, and I also need to add a channel on one or two.

here is my question.
In the ARC-XT-pro software, I can go to the scanner tab then download from scanner and it will read a list of everything that it programmed into the scanner. Now how do I populate that list into a form I can edit. Mainly I need to L/O a lot of channels and I need to add to a group or too. after that I will just re-flash that to the scanner and be ready to go.

P.S I'm using ARC-XT version 1.7-build 2

thanks

captclint

Mentor
In the ARC-XT-pro software, I can go to the scanner tab then download from scanner and it will read a list of everything that it programmed into the scanner.
Yes
Now how do I populate that list into a form I can edit. Mainly I need to L/O a lot of channels and I need to add to a group or too. after that I will just re-flash that to the scanner and be ready to go.
Save that download as a new Profile(File, Save Profile as) called Main.
Then edit that for the 1st radio. To lock out, it is easier to simply delete lines. Blank lines are same as lock-out. If the lockouts are grouped together, say lines 25-35, then just highlight 25, and move down to 35 holding the shift button. With them highlighted, just select delete.

Then download the edited version the 1st radio, making sure to check the "Delete all systems first".
Without hitting any save menus, you can then select "File, Open Profile" Main and the original file will be reloaded. . Edit this again for the 2nd radio and download to the 2nd radio.

Last edited:
Yes
Save that download as a new Profile(File, Save Profile as) called Main.
Then edit that for the 1st radio. To lock out, it is easier to simply delete lines. Blank lines are same as lock-out. Then download the edited version the 1st radio, making sure to check the "Delete all systems first".
Then select "File, Open Profile" Main. Edit this again for the 2nd radio and download to the 2nd radio.

I can not get to this stage. One I click to download the info from the scanner I can select one/all and delete.....that is all. I can not click on anything outside of that popup and I can not export that info to anywhere.
Once I close that box, the radio beeps and it goes back to scanning

captclint

Mentor
I can not get to this stage. One I click to download the info from the scanner I can select one/all
Yes, select all is what you want. Then click the "read all systems" and then the green read from scanner. It will load everything into XT for you to change as I described.

Important Now if you also have systems with the same name as what is in the scanner that are your own, and different from what is in the scanner, you need to create a new folder to save your own stuff. The files are usually in My Docs, My scanner data files, ARCXT. You can move all your system files in that folder to a new folder (for example, ARCXT/My Files)just to save them until you are done with the process. If you do that, use profile creator to find the new folder and load all your own files into a new profile.

Last edited:
DUH Got it, the green read from scanner was greyed out because i didnt check one of the bubbles above it.

WOW thats what happens when you stare at something too long

Thanks for your help Cpt. Clint

Status
Not open for further replies.