ARC-XT Programing DMR non-trunked Freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirk5056

Premium Subscriber
I am using version 2.1 build 5. I can not figure out how to program what appears to be conventional, non-trunked frequencies. I am not near any (at home) to experiment on but there are several in area I drive to.

Do I treat each Freq as a "site"? Where do I put color codes?

Yes, I have paid for the DMR upgrade from Uniden and I am using a BCD996p2.

kirk5056

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Gommert

Now, where does the Slot number go? Where does talk group go?

If I understand: DMR is entered in a conventional system, with color code in the PL/DPL column.

When I make the "system type" DMR the systems seems to become a trunked system but I do get a "talk group" column and a "Slot" column.

DougWatkins

Hi,

I'm completely lost with this DMR on Arc-XT Pro and was about to get a BCD996P2 with the upgrades...we have some fire service conventional frequencies that just went to DMR

When I import off of RR- the frequency is imported with nothing else (no DMR identification) and it doesn't look like it the program can be forced to accept anything

Digital Frequency search gives me the flowing info for one of these...I just don't have a clue how to get this into the latest Arc-XT Pro software

151.025000 UPPER, TOWNSHIP OF 75MO PW Off AUTO DMR Search Custom 1 Off 1 0 Off Auto Blue On 1 Off

Ugggh I hate technology shifts

I did try an import on a trial version of ARC536 and at least DMR shows up in the Sq mode...but nothing about "colors etc"

I'm sure I'm missing something here

Thanks

DougWatkins

OK..I think I have the trunked DMR/Motobro systems figured out the ARC-XT Pro and finding color codes and talk groups in the FCC directories and in RR

It still doesn't seem to address single channel DMR...are there no "colors??" ..I see the PL/DL column does have pull downs that align with colors (0-16 ?? I'm old I was actually looking for colors like red, green etc) so if there isn't one, leave it at "search" is that all there is to it..the ARC536 actually has an area to designate DMR in Sq mode column

Remember when we had crystal controlled scanners and everything was low band

cinsu

I am programming a regional DMR ham radio system into my BCD996P2. So far this information has been extremely helpful.

It is a single frequency "system" but I have programmed them as 1 system as a DMR system as instructed to enable talkgroup IDs. From my understanding of color code its listed with the frequency.

Timeslot is per takgroup and some talkgroups are enabled for 1, some are enabled for 2 timeslots?

EDIT: Answered my own last question. I have been playing with P25 for years but DMR is it's own beast especially with this TDMA stuff.

Last edited:

DougWatkins

That should work for DMR that has talk groups etc

I ASSUME if it is single freq with no talk groups you just set it up as a standard conventional frequency and leave the PL/DL in search and the scanner will decode the DMR transmission??

cinsu

That should work for DMR that has talk groups etc

I ASSUME if it is single freq with no talk groups you just set it up as a standard conventional frequency and leave the PL/DL in search and the scanner will decode the DMR transmission??

I listened to some traffic with it setup as DMR and it labeled the talkgroups correctly. I believe you could also do it as conventional and you can set the color code under the PL/DPL tab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.