Arc250 - Virtual Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

lugoffman

Can someone tell me what this virtual control does ? I got it hooked up to my BC296D ,and it is working doing somthing but I dont know what. I see that it scans with the radio and shows me the CTCSS codes or tones but what all does it do ????

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
lugoffman, have you downloaded the pdf that should have arrived with the program CD? If not load the printer with plenty of paper! The arc996 pdf i got has 95 pages...

Barry

lugoffman

barry008 said:
lugoffman, have you downloaded the pdf that should have arrived with the program CD? If not load the printer with plenty of paper! The arc996 pdf i got has 95 pages...

Barry

You lost me !! but anyways I got no cd with this radio I got it used and I downloaded the sowtware program from butel and in that software it comes with a virtual control have no idea what its for lol!!!! any ways what you got can you send it to me in a file

Last edited:

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
It puts a window on you computer screen that mimics the face of your radio screen including the buttons. Allowing you to see and control what your radio is doing without looking at the physical radio.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
My virtual control puts up a window that mimics the face plate of my 996 and it allows me to control the scanner with my mouse. I believe it also uses the same communication to program TGs and frequencies in. It also shows the basically the same reaadout that the radio is displaying. Be sure to have the data rate (baud) so that it will communicate correctly. I got to take my son lunch right now but when i return i will send you the pdf i have.

Barry

lugoffman

mcscanner said:
It puts a window on you computer screen that mimics the face of your radio screen including the buttons. Allowing you to see and control what your radio is doing without looking at the physical radio.
OK i seen that and I got it hooked up I only get 15 min a session but I thought it was just somthing that will tell you if your radio is doing somthing wrong LOL!!!!!!! So what all can you do with this thing

lugoffman

barry008 said:
My virtual control puts up a window that mimics the face plate of my 996 and it allows me to control the scanner with my mouse. I believe it also uses the same communication to program TGs and frequencies in. It also shows the basically the same reaadout that the radio is displaying. Be sure to have the data rate (baud) so that it will communicate correctly. I got to take my son lunch right now but when i return i will send you the pdf i have.

Barry
OK Thanks !!!!

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
Lugoffman,
May I send the pdf to you by personal email? I have had great difficulty getting the file to copy into this message board. I'm not message savvy, yet.

lugoffman

Hey thanks I needed that cause when I got that it only had some parts to it but not all parts so didn't pay any attention to it but thats what I needed THANKS barry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.