Arc500

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddogdecker

I was never big on using the computer to program my scanners. But the pro 106 was way to hard for me to understand. For the longest time i was just using the free version of the program. But I just bought the paid version and now I'm going to use the virtual control while I'm working. I already use the computer for work. This way i don't keep looking at my scanner. Plus i can put the scanner in a safe place while traveling and when I'm not in my car. I'm very excited to start work on monday. I will have the scanner running through my car stereo so I can hear it. It's going to be great!!!!

w2xq

Mentor
Just a thought. I would just be alert to overloading the scanner if you drive into a strong signal area. If I drive into the Camden-Philadelphia area or near the State government sites, I drop back to a duck (Watson W-801 or the RS 800 Mhz) antenna from a old A/S cell mag mount.

maddogdecker

Tom,

Thanks for the tip. I do have an extra RS 800 in the car. But it wasn't for what you are talking about. It was for when I would happen to see Lighting around the area i'm working in. So I could switch from my cell mag mount to the RS 800 intil the bad weather went through in case of the lighting would hit. But I will keep an eye on the strong signal area also now.

Status
Not open for further replies.